No announcement yet.

Jackson's new X series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't know why you guys are going on & on about China in this thread

It's the new Charvels that have been confirmed to be MIC. I am hoping for the Jackson X series to be made in the good old Japan factory in Nagano. So stop jinxing it!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah well that goes without saying but you never know. It would make sense for both series to be MIC since they're being released around the same time. Of course, it would be stupid to Ass-U-Me that.
      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Jackson and Charvel are being run separately. the way you're thinking then the new charvels would be being made in india by harmony. The new Jacksons are going to be japan or india.

Comment

Whoa, hang on. Made in India fine. But China, where they make BC Rich? FUCK NO!
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Myself, I`ll only buy a Jackson or Charvel if it is made in the USA or Japan.

Comment

For the record I've played guitars from china that were way better then anything indian. And indonesian is technically worse then china too. Praise Japan made guitars!

Comment

Are these new guitars available yet, or have Jackson dropped the idea?
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'm wondering if the neck profiles be thicker like the current X series or thinner like the Professionals? :think:

Comment

I am still anxiously awaiting some press from Jackson to announce the new line. Plus a new site is probably a good idea to. Something more interactive would be great. Maybe a 360 view for each guitar with color views.
                    They need to start putting an artist quote on each webpage and each catalog page. That way the "newby's" can put two and two together and see Jackson as The Professional choice. Kind of what ESP does. Except it would be true of course. =-)
                    But as I started out saying. Jackson needs to give us some press on these. You know? Build the excitement. Because the Video is starting to loose its awe factor. And they need to keep that awe factor going.
                    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                    A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

jackson just needs to get their shit together period. why bother announcing new models if it is going to take a year to get them in stores. announce them WHEN they hit stores that way people will actually give a shit....

the guitars are nice, but jackson as a company sucks ass.
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

It's like the RR3's and RR5's. The website advertised that they came with "ivoroid binding" for at least two years, so every company from Musician's Friend and Sam Ash to the random dude on Ebay always said that they had this promised "Ivoroid binding" and for the life of me I couldnt figure out what the hell they were talking about. Musician's friend JUST started carrying the new RR3's and RR5's with the fully bound necks. The one thing Jackson does do though that alot of other companies don't is put their old catalogs up online as downloadable, which has been immensly helpful with identifying older models and determining neck specs. I tried to deal with Washburn when I had my Dime 333 dimebolt and their customer service was probably the worst I've had thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                          jackson just needs to get their shit together period. why bother announcing new models if it is going to take a year to get them in stores. announce them WHEN they hit stores that way people will actually give a shit....

the guitars are nice, but jackson as a company sucks ass.

It's not getting them into stores that's the problem; it's waiting for stores to clear out current stock before they sell new stock with new features that's the problem, and stores are very resistant to doing clearance sales on Jacksons for some reason.

Shit. Just go to Musician's Friend or one of those other sites and see how they're still showing and still selling the RR3, RR5, KE3, etc. without binding, and how you have to go into one of their brick-and-mortar stores to actually see a current one.

That's not Jackson's fault.

Comment

i wonder if it has something to do with a minimum order amount that jackson has in place? on the other hand, my local jackson dealers don't have CRAP in the stores except JS series guitars. the only place carrying any USAs is the sam ash, and they have ONE!!!!! it is dismal.....
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

As a dealer in the past(when I still ran a store.LOL) RR5s would sit unsold for months or a year before they were sold. That lack of binding was always the thing that killed a sale. We sold a shit load of dinky's, COW's, JS models, And a few Selects. But that was the same model hanging on the wall 2 counties away at a competing store. He couldn't sell them either.
                              So its more then likely they need to blow those guitars out for real cheap. But to advertise ANY blowout price, means getting permission from their FMIC rep to do it. Or they risk losing their franchise.
                              Jackson needs to let them get rid of them cheap and fast by offering the dealer a rebate on these dead stock models.
                              An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                              A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Originally posted by holycross1 View Post
                                As a dealer in the past(when I still ran a store.LOL) RR5s would sit unsold for months or a year before they were sold. That lack of binding was always the thing that killed a sale. We sold a shit load of dinky's, COW's, JS models, And a few Selects. But that was the same model hanging on the wall 2 counties away at a competing store. He couldn't sell them either.
                                So its more then likely they need to blow those guitars out for real cheap. But to advertise ANY blowout price, means getting permission from their FMIC rep to do it. Or they risk losing their franchise.
                                Jackson needs to let them get rid of them cheap and fast by offering the dealer a rebate on these dead stock models.
                                Exactly right.

Dealers won't buy new inventory until they've cleared out their old inventory

Dealers CANNOT clear out old inventory at full retail (real retail and not that MSRP that no one sells at) if Jackson afficionados know about the new models and refuse to pay $XXX.XX price for a discontinued model missing features buyers are looking for.

They need a clearance sale some time around NOW if Jackson hopes to get their new shit onto dealer pegs and catalogs before Christmas, so if anyone who works for Jackson reads this, that's a pretty big hintitty-hint, bros.

Comment

Working...
                                X