Jackson's new X series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sully View Post
    That price point definitely points to China.
    That's what I'm afraid of, Sully, and if so -- as cool as these are -- I will not be buying any.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• they're probably made in japan as with all the x series.

I NEED that reversed head black Warrior! I hope they come with a hardshell case.

Comment

• The RR5s are MIJ. The X series have better features and have a lower MSRP. These guitars are not MIJ.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

• These seem to have specs and a price point similar to the Chinese made BC Rich's, so I'm guessing these are probably made there too.

Comment

• Honestly, I guess its the principle of the thing. China sucks. I had a Chinese Peavey guitar from their newest line, and it was a damn fine and beautifully playing guitar, I just didnt bond with the headstock shape and the wide Gibson like V shape. They can make a good guitar, but it wasnt all that long ago that Japan "sucked" too, as well as Germany and France. Seems whomever are country is at odds with at the time "sucks" and a movement to boycott can be seen.
            Last edited by Twitch; 09-01-2011, 10:42 PM.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

• Not a fan of the basswood on these. Is this Ibeenhad?

Regarding the new site,

Where's the custom shop section?
              I like EL34s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                Strange indeed. Oh well, really curious to play one of these.

Delete your browser cache, it could be set to be loading a previous version of the website.
                I like EL34s.

Comment

• Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Anyway, Jackson has been known to get specs wrong on their website quite a bit. The KV2 does not, nor has it ever, had jumbo frets... they're medium jumbo. Though, they have finally fixed that error and they now state medium.
                  And the Mark Morton model also has medium jumbos and a TOM/stoptail... not jumbo frets or a Schaller 456 adjustable bridge like stated on the site.
                  Does the Mark Morton MSRP look stupid high at 2.3 grand or am I retarded?
                  I like EL34s.

Comment

• It does seem pretty high. I blame the earthquake.

The sad part is I still want one.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• It does seem stupid high. I got one from the first series when they came out, with the painted neck, and I love it! I would like to get one of the newer ones with the oiled neck, but not for those prices.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                        Seems whomever are country is at odds with
                        What's an ARE country? OUR country wants to kick you out!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• I'm hoping MIK.

The string thru Warrior is compelling.
                          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

• Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            What's an ARE country? OUR country wants to kick you out!
                            I probably had started with different wording and missed a word in editing, oh well.
                            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

• Obviously, the prices seem low for the specs of the guitars so cheap labor is needed to compensate. My guess is that they're made in India. I read an article on Harmony Musical Instruments and it said that Fender thinks very highly of them, has them rated above China, and wanted them to double their production by 2012.

Also, HMI has over a decade of experience making Jacksons and they have a decent factory which is climate controlled. So, to me it's the logical choice.

Comment

• I know I've said a lot of negative things about them but I really am excited to check them out. Im Just a pessimistic person that fears change.

Im hoping that guitar center will stock these or Willoughby, cos I just found out they're about the same distance from me. YOU HEAR THAT WILLOUGHBY? STOCK THESE THINGS AND ILL MAKE THE DRIVE lol
                                I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Working...
                                X