No announcement yet.

Jackson's new X series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musicians Friend sells most between 32-38% off MSRP.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

• You can try and compare it to existing models like the dx10. I'd say 500-550. for the 733-799.

Comment

• Originally posted by adoxtater View Post
        Once these show up for sale SOMEWHERE lol I will buy a KVXT and report back as to original and quality etc. I can't tell you how long I've waited for a production neck thru KV with a string-thru bridge. I thought it'd never happen! I'm all over a KVXT in silver the very moment I can find one!
        Looking forward to your review!
        Well I can tell you how long I waited for that... 7 years.
        Then I finally bought a custom KV (about 8 months ago), and what happens, now they bring these out, haha!
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

• Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
          Looking forward to your review!
          +1 let us know!
          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

• Originally posted by Devotee View Post
            now we have to wait five years before Jackson updates their site
            How's that crow taste, Devotee?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mercenary View Post
              Obviously, the prices seem low for the specs of the guitars so cheap labor is needed to compensate. My guess is that they're made in India. I read an article on Harmony Musical Instruments and it said that Fender thinks very highly of them, has them rated above China, and wanted them to double their production by 2012.

Also, HMI has over a decade of experience making Jacksons and they have a decent factory which is climate controlled. So, to me it's the logical choice.
              Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
              At least they have made their own neck-thru guitars.
              Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Ooh, great find, Mercenary! Let's cross our fingers!
              In reading the Hindu Businessline article, I see a couple hints that the X-series are being made by Harmony (HMI, the India factory in Chennai): ie "These imports include basswood from China"

OK! A lot of the X series have basswood bodies. Why would HMI be importing basswood from China if the X series is being built in a Chinese factory?

I also found a similar article that even mentions the X series by name being moved to HMI!

http://business.outlookindia.com/print.aspx?articleid=763&editionid=24&catgid=19&
              subcatgid=311

Paragraph 5 & 6 - although I think that article is a couple years old.

Comment

• I was going to put new pickups in my old DXMG... I think I'll just sell it and buy one of those cheap soloists now though!

Comment

• So it's safe to say that you are a fan of the HMI built guitars then Ron?
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• so..........................any news on when these things actually come out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                      So it's safe to say that you are a fan of the HMI built guitars then Ron?
                      Not necessarily - I just wanna see these produced by HMI rather than some random Chinese factory.

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        Not necessarily - I just wanna see these produced by HMI rather than some random Chinese factory.
                        Bingo... thats it right there, pretty much ANYWHERE except China.
                        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

• If anyone knows when these are due out I'll be all over a snow white SLSXMG! Maybe I could contact a Jackson dealer about these... unfortunately Guitar Center is the only game in town.

Comment

• X series preorder on MF now!! Due to ship Oct. 6th 2011.
                            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                              X series preorder on MF now!! Due to ship Oct. 6th 2011.
                              Thanks Twitch! I'm on the fence still. I have the cash, but I want a CS, but the 24 fret RR is sooo close to what I want.
                              "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

• I want this one:

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

Just got word from a UK retailer - next year?! Fuckin poor.
                                Last edited by wilkinsi; 09-08-2011, 01:49 PM.
                                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                                X