Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow, those prices are pretty good.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

• Don't see the one I wanted listed yet.

Comment

• Man, with those prices, buying a decent looking Jackson won't break the bank anymore! If they play and sound as good as they look, I'll definitely be adding a few models to my humble arsenal without worries!
        I just need to move to a bigger place.
        -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          Not necessarily - I just wanna see these produced by HMI rather than some random Chinese factory.
          +1

Comment

• These look pretty good on paper, I wonder how they'll play. My only issue is the basswood wings on the neckthru guitars. I'm not one of those ignorant basswood haters - I have a couple cool basswood guitars. And I know guys like Steve Vai use some basswood guitars and get greats tones. Personally, I find them to sound kind of bland. And basswood isn't known for durability either, because it's rather soft - not good for the points on a KV! If Jackson wanted to use an inexpensive wood, I wish they'd have gone with Poplar (like a lot of old Jacksons). It sounds like alder, it's got a solid weight to it and it's more durable. That being said, a good portion of these bodies will be maple since they are neckthru and I've only used basswood bolt-on guitars. Maybe the combination will be alright. I am very tempted by the KVXMG and the SLXQ (especially if the quilt is as nice as in the stock photo). Lets see how they sound and play, then I'll pass judgment.

I figure these aren't MIJ at this price point. God, please don't let them be Chinese! Are we thinking India? Has Jackson ever had guitars made in Korea? I've played some nice Korean guitars.

On a side note, I hope Jackson expands the X series with some P+J concert basses!
            Last edited by Deadlock; 09-08-2011, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
              I want this one:

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

Just got word from a UK retailer - next year?! Fuckin poor.
              Hey at least I know when they come out in the US; even though it's no consolation to you having to wait until next year thanks for the find

Comment

• Hmmm...an SLAT3-6 X Series? I don't see it listed on the Jackson site......could it be???

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

Comment

• we need a reversed head x series soloist...in black that would compete against the LTD Ms. Id buy that right away.
                  Last edited by Mass Defect; 09-09-2011, 01:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                    I want this one:

Just got word from a UK retailer - next year?! Fuckin poor.
                    Next year? Well I suppose I won't have to resist buying them if they're not out yet!

This is a great move by Jackson, I think. There have been very few guitars in the import line of late that I would consider buying. Nearly every one had something that I didn't like, or lacked something that I wanted. Mainly, that was binding, though they are fixing that now. On the other hand, the huge price hikes on the Pros over the last couple of years have annoyed me.

These new X's look great, and for a reasonable price. If they play as well as they look, I might just want five! The only annoying thing is the complete lack of maple fretbaords. >.<
                    I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

• Gonna go see if I can have the Guitar Center here in Kalamazoo, MI order in a White SLSXMG tomorrow. That way I can play it as soon as they get it in and can decide if I want to trade the old DXMG in for it.

Comment

• It's a race to see who gets one first! Please please post in here ASAP with the serial number & country of origin!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Estimated arrival date in Germanys Thomann: 26.09.2011
                          Jackson Randy Rhoads Pro 2015
                          Jackson "Phobia" King-V
                          BC Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth
                          SG Mutt "Swamp Thing"

BC Rich Warlock One Bass

Orange Micro Terror
                          Laney TF300
                          Randall 1X8

PERKELE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            It's a race to see who gets one first! Please please post in here ASAP with the serial number & country of origin!
                            Hey Ron, today Nomad-Jackson posted this over the Jackson forums:
                            First off, …the SLX, SLS, KVXT, RRXT, RRXMG, KVXMG, WRXMG, WRXTMG and SLX-Q are ALL, real-to-goodness neck-through guitars. None of this set thru…or thru neck nonsense, that some of the “cover” brands are hawkin’ on the market today. The only exception to this rule; the Dinky (DKXT), which of course, is always spec’d out as a bolt on guitar.

These guitars are not made in Japan, but are made at other factories in and around Asia and the Near-East, that have “mucho” experience in building Jackson models, and understand that these guitars need to have “mojo". ‘Nuff said here.
                            So, do you think he's referring to HMI in India as you predicted by mentioning "mucho" experience?

Here is the link:
                            Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

Comment

• Hey DW, thanks for cross-posting!

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
                              [Nomad]These guitars are not made in Japan, but are made at other factories in and around Asia and the Near-East, that have “mucho” experience in building Jackson models, and understand that these guitars need to have “mojo". ‘Nuff said here.
                              Way to be non-specific, Nomad!

"Nuff said"
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• ^ I agree, I wonder if Jackson is keeping things hush hush due to the competition argument, which IMO is moot, simply because anyone who works for the major vendors could leak such info...

Comment

Working...
                                X