Jackson's new X series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by groverj3 View Post
    Snow White SLSXMG ordered from Guitar Center (don't laugh, its really the only option around here). They had no clue in the store when it would be coming in, but said if I had it shipped to the store it would have higher priority. So I guess I'm getting one... eventually.
    Did you remind them that a Jackson rep has said October?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      Did you remind them that a Jackson rep has said October?
      I mentioned it, but they said something about a large number already being preordered. They said they would try to give me an exact date later this week. I guess I can be patient.

Comment

• but I'm guessing there is probably a contractual reason for that
        If Bionic can tell us where the Charvels are being made then the Jackson rep can tell us if it's China. You know the same Fender employed lawyers looked over both contracts.

Comment

• Okay ... I just ordered a KVXT in "burnt cherry sunburst" from Matt. I'm not sure when Jackson will be shipping these to vendors but my order is in! Once I get it in my hands I will report back with serial number (and photos of course). Hopefully the serial will help identify where it was manufactured.

If its a decent guitar (and I'm hoping it is) I'm gonna grab up at least one more in silver. I still wish Jackson would build a string-thru bridge USA King V (I know I know ... KV2T... but I mean one with a traditional Jackson headstock and 25.5" scale) but I have a feeling I'm gonna be waiting for a very looong time so I will settle for this if it's solid enough!

Crossing my fingers! Will post serial and pics here as soon as I have it in my hands!
          - Adam

Comment

• Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
            A certain white V shape kept catching my eye!
            Ditto.

I see MF says ships 10/6. Any other news; production (Japan or other)? Do the headstocks actually have binding?

I'm kind of thinking wouldn't mind selling my DXMG to get one of the soloists.
            KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
            I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamner1 View Post
              Do the headstocks actually have binding?
              According to the spec info on the Jackson website (ho ho ho), most of them do.

Comment

• I asked the nice folks from Musicians Friend about X-series country of origin and this is what I got: Response Via Email(Brendan) - 09/16/2011 09:56 PM Thank you for your recent inquiry. That guitar is made in India. If you need to place an order you can either do it online or with our customer support team at: 1-800-449-9128

Comment

• Originally posted by dr5guy View Post
                  that guitar is made in india.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]2710[/ATTACH]

:d

Comment

• Made in India? Ohh, Goodie Goodie Goodie...
                    -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

• Who would have thought we would all be so excited over decked out re-badged js' :P
                      I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

• Who would have thought we would all be so excited over decked out re-badged js' :P
                        The x series guitars that were around prior to 2002 were made in India, so they're not just fancier js series. You have to remember how much they have upgraded the js series. I have to say to that the newer Indian made Jacksons are a lot better than the old ones especially in the finish used on the necks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                          The x series guitars that were around prior to 2002 were made in India, so they're not just fancier js series. You have to remember how much they have upgraded the js series. I have to say to that the newer Indian made Jacksons are a lot better than the old ones especially in the finish used on the necks.
                          I would agree. The India made Jacksons seem ok. I have a 1st year DXMG that was made in India & it is still chugging along fine. My only real gripe was the trem & electronics. Upgraded to an OFR & active EMGs, good times since.
                          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

• Originally posted by tkeblue View Post
                            who would have thought we would all be so excited over decked out re-badged js' :p
                            +1
                            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

• Originally posted by DR5Guy View Post
                              I asked the nice folks from Musicians Friend about X-series country of origin and this is what I got: Response Via Email(Brendan) - 09/16/2011 09:56 PM Thank you for your recent inquiry. That guitar is made in India. If you need to place an order you can either do it online or with our customer support team at: 1-800-449-9128
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                                At least they have made their own neck-thru guitars.
                                Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
                                Who would have thought we would all be so excited over decked out re-badged js' :P
                                LOL, you could say that again... I think we're excited more about the features than anything else, as for their quality and performance we have to wait and see...
                                -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Working...
                                X