No announcement yet.

Jackson's new X series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know if these come with cases? My KVX10 I bought about a year ago came with a bag.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

• Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
      Anybody know if these come with cases? My KVX10 I bought about a year ago came with a bag.
      None of these are listed with cases or gigbags, so I wonder...
      -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

• Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
        If these guitars were made in Japan, they'd sell for $1,000+ and would thus not be the entry-level guitars that Jackson is trying to market with the X series. Anyway, there are already Japanese versions of a number of these models, if that's what you are looking for.
        You are absolutely correct sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
          Anyway, there are already Japanese versions of a number of these models, if that's what you are looking for.
          Actually the main attractive features of this series are the neck-thrus, the bounded necks and the black hardware.
          The actual Japanese X-series don't have neck-thrus and they're fitted with Chrome-Hardware. The MG series have only bolt on necks, and some have only piranha inlays instead of sharkies, and the high end Japanese versions like the KV5FR or RR5FR are either discontinued, or lack the binding or don't have 24 frets... So technically the Indian X-Series don't have true Japanese opposites, that's why we're still discussing these.

Comment

• All the newer Pro series have binding, including the KV5, RR5 and KE5, which i'm pretty sure are not discontinued.
            Last edited by Devotee; 09-28-2011, 07:46 PM.
            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

• I'm just stating my concern, obviously I won't know until they come out and can actually see one in person.

The JS's I've see have huge gaps at the neck/body joint and the necks are very rough, the frets also hang off the fret board and are not smooth in some areas. I've checked out a 4-5 guitars at two different guitar shops.

My KVX10 was made in Japan and I bought it for $500 new.

About the $100 setup - I had some of the frets leveled out, the neck sanded down and the action set with a truss rod adjustment. Most of this I could do myself but didn't want to bother. I think I had the pickups changed to, which is why the set up cost $100.

I do dig the specs, don't get me wrong, I'm just concerned based on my personal experience that's all. I'll have to check it out to see.

Comment

• Strange, a buddy of mine has a JS-30WR it's a great guitar for the price - the speed neck is comfortable as fuck and the fretwork is good too. The only cheap thing about it is the hardware. Either way, you can't compare the JS series to the new X series which pretty much bridges the divide between the former and the MIJ Pro series, thus allowing Jackson to compete with manufacturers like BC Rich that offer guitars with similar features in the same price range.
                It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

• I'm sure the quality will be better. Just because it's the same factory (or country) doesn't mean the standards will be the same. The JS guitars you played are cheaply made because they're cheap. Labor is the first aspect skimped on when cutting costs. If the fretwork was perfect (thus more labor intensive), it wouldn't cost only $300. The production staff for an entry level guitar is coached about quantity, not quality.

There are probably 20 guys in suits pushing launch quality on this new series. Experienced and worthwhile employees will be moved to the new production line, and new, more qualified personnel will be brought in as well.

Do we not trust Jackson to give us our moneys worth?
                  "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

• Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                    I'm sure the quality will be better. Just because it's the same factory (or country) doesn't mean the standards will be the same. The JS guitars you played are cheaply made because they're cheap. Labor is the first aspect skimped on when cutting costs. If the fretwork was perfect (thus more labor intensive), it wouldn't cost only $300. The production staff for an entry level guitar is coached about quantity, not quality.

There are probably 20 guys in suits pushing launch quality on this new series. Experienced and worthwhile employees will be moved to the new production line, and new, more qualified personnel will be brought in as well.

Do we not trust Jackson to give us our moneys worth?
                    Good point, I would agree. I will remain optimistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                      All the newer Pro series have binding, including the KV5, RR5 and KE5, which i'm pretty sure are not discontinued.
                      Not all have Binding, presumably only the latest batches. As for the KV5 and KE5, they're no longer listed at the official Jackson site, nor widely available new online or ebay here in the US, so I'm assuming they're being discontinued. The RR5 however still around.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
                        Not all have Binding, presumably only the latest batches. As for the KV5 and KE5, they're no longer listed at the official Jackson site, nor widely available new online or ebay here in the US, so I'm assuming they're being discontinued. The RR5 however still around.
                        Yes the KE5 and the KV5 are both discontinued. Same with the RR5fr, RR24m, Dk2m, SLS3 and the SL3. The string thru RR5 is still around though....

Weird they discontinued many of those models after only two years in production. From what I remember many of those were introduced in the summer/fall of 2008 and were dropped earlier this year, and some of them actually sold decently...

Comment

• Originally posted by church2224 View Post
                          Yes the KE5 and the KV5 are both discontinued. Same with the RR5fr, RR24m, Dk2m, SLS3 and the SL3. The string thru RR5 is still around though....

Weird they discontinued many of those models after only two years in production. From what I remember many of those were introduced in the summer/fall of 2008 and were dropped earlier this year, and some of them actually sold decently...
                          And I was sooo hoping for a WR5FR model this year! Why don't they treat the most bad-ass jackson as they should, WHY!?

Anyhow Kevin, thanks for the confirmation bro.
                          Last edited by DarkkWarriorr; 09-28-2011, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
                            And I was sooo hoping for a WR5FR model this year! Why don't they treat the most bad-ass jackson as they should, WHY!?

Anyhow Kevin, thanks for the confirmation bro.
                            Anytime, man

Funny thing is people love the Warrior, guess not enough to purchase it...Be nice to see a few more models in the Japanese and USA lines, although I think the X series is a good beginning.

On another note the only Jackson model that is still in production that is no longer on the site is the SL2h-MAHQ quilt top. Since CMC has been getting and selling 6-8 of them in the past few months and the Music Zoo and a few others have as well, I see them sticking around for a while.

Comment

• Anyone got one already and specifically that KVXT?

I'm considering buying one as I wanted a string-through KV with binding for a long time. I'm curious about the quality of these new series. It's definately tempting, couple of great pickups in them and I'm set.

Someone that has one already care to post a short review on quality and all that?

Comment

• They're not out yet?
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X