No announcement yet.

Jackson's new X series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah they are, I just learned about them. Online stores like Thomann have them over here. I just haven't seen any reviews or NGD threads yet on how they are and I preferably want to read about them a bit first.

Some nice pickups in there, maybe some locking tuners and I reckon it would be a great player. Shame that KVXT doesn't come in Kawasabi or snow white though.

Comment

• The Guitar Center website has been changed again and now lists them shipping on October 6th. Not sure if I believe it, previously they had an in-stock day of today... Well, its on order. I'll post info on an SLSXMG ASAP.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeëlzeM View Post
        Yeah they are, I just learned about them. Online stores like Thomann have them over here. I just haven't seen any reviews or NGD threads yet on how they are and I preferably want to read about them a bit first.
        Thomann has them listed on their website, but if you check the status of it then you will se that they are not in stock until mid October.
        Tell me about it!

Comment

• Originally posted by _koppen View Post
          Thomann has them listed on their website, but if you check the status of it then you will se that they are not in stock until mid October.
          Aah, I missed that. I'll wait a few weeks. If anyone gets one, don't hold back posting pics and reviews!

By the way, are these series comparable to the DXMG (the one with the sharkfins, HZ's and natural neck) in terms of quality? My other guitarplayer has one of those and it's a pretty good guitar for the price with those EMG HZ pups replaced.

Comment

• By the way, are these series comparable to the DXMG (the one with the sharkfins, HZ's and natural neck) in terms of quality? My other guitarplayer has one of those and it's a pretty good guitar for the price with those EMG HZ pups replaced.
            same series and they used to be made in india but are now made in Japan so can't really compare the two.

Comment

• I just threw my hat in the ring and ordered a slsxmg in snow white, hope it arrives it one piece but did anyone notice jackson lists a 4th option for the colour of the slsxmg. the site I ordered mine from listed that modal as slsxmg bgf. http://www.lamusic.ca/product-p/2916240506.htm I am wondering this is blue ghost flames? I was really torn about which to order because I would expect blue ghost flames to be at a premium and not sure what this model would actually look like if its not.

Comment

• Originally posted by shinobizx View Post
                site I ordered mine from listed that modal as slsxmg bgf. http://www.lamusic.ca/product-p/2916240506.htm I am wondering this is blue ghost flames?
                BGF is the traditional code for Black Ghost Flames.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• I'm in trouble if it's black ghost flames.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                    I'm in trouble if it's black ghost flames.
                    Why so, Rich?
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Why so, Rich?
                      Because I'm going to have to buy one and the wife will kick my ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by church2224 View Post
                        Yes the KE5 and the KV5 are both discontinued. Same with the RR5fr, RR24m, Dk2m, SLS3 and the SL3. The string thru RR5 is still around though....

Weird they discontinued many of those models after only two years in production. From what I remember many of those were introduced in the summer/fall of 2008 and were dropped earlier this year, and some of them actually sold decently...
                        So my Snow White DK2M will be a collectible model? I think it's a pretty good guitar for the price, also with black binding on neck and headstock!
                        KV5FR will be available from mid October here in Italy, also the RR5FR it's still imported
                        Rick

Comment

• Originally posted by Glenn KK View Post
                          So my Snow White DK2M will be a collectible model? I think it's a pretty good guitar for the price, also with black binding on neck and headstock!
                          KV5FR will be available from mid October here in Italy, also the RR5FR it's still imported
                          I wouldn't exactly say collectible, they sold loads of them (which is why I'm surprised they're discontinued). The price you can get for one will probably go up a bit though, because people are still going to want them. I love mine, and I'd be tempted to pick up another one...
                          I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Glenn KK View Post
                            I have a DK2M in white and a DKMG- I like em both alot.

I thought about a X series but decided it's time for a USA.

Comment

• I have two white dk2ms, its actually my favorite out all guitars I've played.
                              I've been tossing around getting one of these but I think ima just hold out and get either a used dk1 or a new socal. Im just not big on neckthroughs unless the neck is unpainted and after sanding my epi lps neck I don't think ill ever attempt it on poly finish again. Lol
                              I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

• i used to have a sl3 soloist that I really liked, and I foolishly sold it. I have been in the market for a new guitar and I want to back to a jackson. I don't know what "line" the models fall into. I know JS is like the beginner type guitars, and USA select is like the awesome custom shop quality stuff. I am really wanting to buy one of the guitars but I want to see the quality of it before I lay the $$$ out. I bought a brand new gibson les paul traditional pro from guitar center and after 2 guitars in a row being total garbage I want to get another jackson.

Comment

Working...
                                X