Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zedder View Post
    I´m now a happy RRXMG owner/player!

First impression is that this guitar looks very good. There are few minor quality problems but i consider them very small: Truss rod cover has a strange curve (it has not been cut straight) and headstock´s paint finish has small area where surface is not even. These don´t mean much to me, I have truss rod covers which I can swap with faulty one.

However, there was something funny with electronics because at first I could not get clean sounds from this RRXMG and only after I plugged my JS32Rhoads in and checked my multieffect pedal was ok RRXMG was ok too...

Binding looks very nice (I haven´t got a guitar with bindings before so I´m not sure how it should look like).

I don´t think I have to do much to this guitar, action is fine and overally "out of the box" experience is much better than with JS32 which came from same factory, but of course price 2x so it should be better.

I think I have to make one modification: upper strap lock is placed stupidly, I guess it has to be relocated to same place as it is on JS32. I have also considered to add a fake control plate just for looks.

I think this RRXMG will be my primary instrument as home musician from now on.
    PERKELE! Where are the photos man?
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

• I have currently problems with camera equipment. Here´s few lousy pics taken with cell phone camera:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
      My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

I have currently problems with camera equipment. Here´s few lousy pics taken with cell phone camera:

http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff469/zedder/
        Well, at least the rosewood fretboard looks decent from those pics. Thanks for sharing and congrats.

BTW Zedder, could you please confirm if the binding's color is actually white or not?
        -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

• Binding is not as white as plain paper and not as white as Jackson -logo on headstock.
          --
          Neck is thinner than JS32´s and I think that makes RRXMG easier for me to play.
          My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

Binding is not as white as plain paper and not as white as Jackson -logo on headstock.
            Nice, what a relief...
            -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

• Congrats Zedder! Please post ser #
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Neck is thinner than JS32´s and I think that makes RRXMG easier for me to play.
                This is good information to know. Do you know if they are comparable to a DK2T's by any chance? Personally, I like the Dinky's neck profiles - DK1, DK2, DKMG and felt the RR3's neck profile was much thicker.
                Sam

Comment

• Congratz Zedder!!!
                  JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                  Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

• Congrats Zedder...I don't know you Zedder..but Congrats godammit!
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• how wide is the maple in the body of a neck through? is it really as wide as this picture makes it appear?

from this slx http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Jackson-SLX-S...#ht_2296wt_988

Comment

• Got to see one last night at the Broderick/Elefson event that was up at the top page banner... it was a String thru Soloist, and while I didnt get to hold it, I was impressed from what I saw at least. The binding is WHITE, not ivoroid. Finish looked great, and the fretboard was DARK, almost looked ebony. If it was a Floyd model I might have bought it on the spot, after trying it out of course.
                        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

• that soloist above me looks really awesome. aesthetically it looks alot better than i would have expected an x series guitar to look

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                            Got to see one last night at the Broderick/Elefson event that was up at the top page banner... it was a String thru Soloist, and while I didnt get to hold it, I was impressed from what I saw at least. The binding is WHITE, not ivoroid. Finish looked great, and the fretboard was DARK, almost looked ebony. If it was a Floyd model I might have bought it on the spot, after trying it out of course.

Did you get a chance to see the Broderick Soloists? Stephen said he got a Red 6 in (which he said was amazing) and was supposed to get the White 7 for the event. I placed my order for a transblack 7. :-)
                            Last edited by Animus; 10-20-2011, 07:17 PM.
                            2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                            Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

• Yup I saw them both... The red one is GREAT looking, very classy guitar, Chris played one on stage, looked and sounded phenominal. The white 7 string... well, lets just say they should have ditched the quilt top and just painted it solid white, because its almost impossible to see the figuring. Kind of ashame, Ill bet it was a nice piece of wood under there. Still a nice guitar and all, but trans white just doesent work in almost any case, Ive never seen it look good on anything.
                              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                                Yup I saw them both... The red one is GREAT looking, very classy guitar, Chris played one on stage, looked and sounded phenominal. The white 7 string... well, lets just say they should have ditched the quilt top and just painted it solid white, because its almost impossible to see the figuring. Kind of ashame, Ill bet it was a nice piece of wood under there. Still a nice guitar and all, but trans white just doesent work in almost any case, Ive never seen it look good on anything.

Might be a preference thing. I think trans white can look cool as in that Cloud 9 SL2h and I think the pictures of the Broderick whites I have seen look cool. But of course I am not getting the white one so what do I care. ;-)
                                2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                                Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Working...
                                X