Jackson's new X series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RobRR View Post
    Got to see one last night at the Broderick/Elefson event that was up at the top page banner...
    Hey that event is over now, I hope that banner ad is going away soon!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Hey, if it wasnt for that banner, Id have never gotten the chance to see those two right in front of me! It was an awesome night for sure!

And animus, I think the reason the trans white looks better in person is because the flash will bring out more of the figuring behind the paint. In real life at a glance it looks almost solid white.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

• Does want:

Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

• Really curious to see the neck joint on some of those trans/natural finishes. I think i see a WRXMG in my future.
          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

• I think the neck joint on this trans/nat finish slx is really nice...

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Congrats Zedder! Please post ser #
              Thanks! After one week I still think this guitar is worth the price at least.

I have found a one problem that needed a temporary fix: volume knob is in very bad place because I accidentally turned volume down frequently. I took the knob off and put a rubber seal ring under it and now it does not turn too easily. I don´t think I need 2 tone knobs, so perhaps I´m gonna do some kind of modification later.

On the hand filled checklist of my RRXMG serial seems to be NHJ110022_ , but on the guitar´s fretboard is stamped only 110022_, there is no that NHJ -part. By the way, whoever filled the card has terrible handwriting... And the punching tool (?) which they use to make serial numbers on fretboards is not new either, because some of the digits are kind of faded. First digit means obviously year of manufacture, but does second one too?

What kind of product do you recommend to be used to clean a rosewood fretboard? Is this a good choice:

From picks to pedals and every accessory in between, Dunlop Manufacturing has been creating world-class gear for musicians for over 50 years. We consistently create the best selling picks and analog electronics, and carry a large line of accessories that set industry standards in their respective fields. We have a long list of legendary and modern-day superstars who all share a passion for our gear. Whether it’s pushing new innovations with our string line, or tweaking classic sounds with our vintage pedals, there is a dedication to music at the heart of everything we create.
              Last edited by Zedder; 10-23-2011, 04:13 AM.
              My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

• I have found a one problem that needed a temporary fix: volume knob is in very bad place because I accidentally turned volume down frequently. I took the knob off and put a rubber seal ring under it and now it does not turn too easily. I don´t think I need 2 tone knobs, so perhaps I´m gonna do some kind of modification later.
                That's a problem with many J/Cs that they never seem to address.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zedder View Post
                  On the hand filled checklist of my RRXMG serial seems to be NHJ110022_ , but on the guitar´s fretboard is stamped only 110022_,

First digit means obviously year of manufacture, but does second one too?
                  That's my theory, expounded upon earlier in this thread. I guess we'll have to wait until next year and see if the numbers go to
                  NHJ12xxxx

Comment

• This guitar looks really sexy for a cheap import!!!!!! God that JS series is horrible! When will Jackson start making medium to high end import series again as the main line?
                    USA Jackson RR1
                    Charvel Model 6
                    Jackson Performer-2
                    Orange Dark Terror
                    EVH 5150 LBX
                    Hello Senòr

Comment

• Originally posted by shinobizx View Post
                      I think the neck joint on this trans/nat finish slx is really nice...

Thanks for posting that, indeed it is! Looks really well built too.
                      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

• Originally posted by shinobizx View Post
                        I think the neck joint on this trans/nat finish slx is really nice...

i would totally buy THAT one -- as long as it played well and true, and most do, with a little tweakin.....

Comment

• Apologies if this vid has been posted already ...

So, here's where and how these new X series are being manufactured?
                          2007 Jackson Stars RR Custom
                          2005 Jackson Stars RR Semi-custom
                          1991 Grover Jackson RR Dan Spitz Professional
                          1991 Grover Jackson RR Custom (sold)

Comment

• Yep, that's HMI in Chennai, India. Pretty in-depth look into the factory there! I like that dude's enthusiasm!

You'll notice most of those guitars are Jacksons!

Comment

• Kelly Star @ :50 ?

Comment

• Cool! The next time I'm there, I'll look up the factory and see if I buy directly from the factory! But getting the guitar back to the US might be a PITA.
                                Sam

Comment

Working...
                                X