• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grawnday View Post
    Kelly Star @ :50 ?
    Its there again at 8:12 too.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

• Hmm...I wonder if that is there because they manufactured the KSXT. Anyone else notice the black Hondo H1 right under the gray Kelly?

Comment

• Originally posted by shinobizx View Post
        I think the neck joint on this trans/nat finish slx is really nice...

Something here ain't right?

Shouldn't the neck thru also be seen from the rear?
        Or are these 2 different guitars?
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post

I wondered that too, probably the necks on those guitars are a bit slimmer than the norm?
          -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

• Nope, it shouldn't. If you look at all Jackson neck-throughs they look like that.
            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

• I gotta block MF from my phones internet. I keep going and looking at that silver/black warrior. Then I think hmm trem or tom...then hmm if I sell my kelly...them im like fuck I gotta close this tab!
              I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

• GAS does that to you. We're all on the same boat. Some boats are sailing just fine while some are sinking fast!
                Sam

Comment

• Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                  Its there again at 8:12 too.
                  With a reversed headstock too. Wonder if it will be neck thru? And available here?
                  "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

• Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post

They put a veneer over the back of the body.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Oh, that makes some sense now..
                      -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooter View Post
                        With a reversed headstock too. Wonder if it will be neck thru? And available here?
                        Don't be confused, that's an OLD video and has nothing to do with the new X-series.

Originally posted by RD
                        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

• Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          I had thought that too, but, how do they scallop the neck heel and keep the veneer?
                          I'd like to see a a pic of the butt-end of the guitar to understand this.
                          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

• Personally, I love the sight of the neck going through the body. I don't understand why they would want to cover it up with a veneer.
                            Sam

Comment

• AFAIK the center is built with maple up to the end about the thickness of the neck with basswood glued to the back of it to fill out the rest of the thickness of the body, then the wings glued to the sides. here is an SL1 built the same way, but alder instead of basswood.

What I was wondering about is the width, the maple in the SLX above is wider then the pickups and bridge, where most neckthroughs seem to be only as wide as the neck like the SL1 in this picture, I am wondering if that is only done on these x series because the basswood is too soft and so they widen the maple for the bridge?
                              Last edited by shinobizx; 10-25-2011, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• It's not really a veneer like toejam said, it's another piece of wood. This goes back to the whole neck-through vs. set-through debate. What they do is glue a set of wings to a neck blank, another piece on the back and a veneer on top if it's a trans finish.

Originally posted by RD

Comment

Working...
                                X