No announcement yet.

Jackson's new X series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ordered mine from www.andertons.co.uk at the beginning of the month and they told me they're expecting them mid-november. Will post pictures when I get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      With that info, I would infer that $3000 was the value, $1300 was on the work order as the artist price, and when finished, Jackson did GIVE the guitar to Dave.
      I'd say that's pretty solid math. Especially in Mustaineland.

Originally posted by dangerous_dave View Post
      I ordered mine from www.andertons.co.uk at the beginning of the month and they told me they're expecting them mid-november. Will post pictures when I get it.
      Which one did you order? Seems the Trans finish is the hardest one to nail down. Great looking guitars though for the price. I'm thinking as long as you're aware of the limitations they have (pickups, no case) then you're getting a pretty solid guitar for the money and you'll be pretty happy with it. Make sure to post photos when it arrives
      - Adam

Comment

• Originally posted by adoxtater View Post
        I'd say that's pretty solid math. Especially in Mustaineland.

Which one did you order? Seems the Trans finish is the hardest one to nail down. Great looking guitars though for the price. I'm thinking as long as you're aware of the limitations they have (pickups, no case) then you're getting a pretty solid guitar for the money and you'll be pretty happy with it. Make sure to post photos when it arrives
        I ordered the quicksilver, but now that I've seen your pictures I may have to order a trans as well!

I'd be happy to pay £375 for a neck through jackson without pickups all together lol!

This is the first time I've logged into this forum in ages btw... The new x series just suddenly sparked my interest again - Hell, there isn't even a USA version of the KVXT, if there was, I would have bought it by now.

Comment

• I feel the same exact way. I've been waiting for THIS as a USA model. Even hoping Mustaine would come back so they'd most likely at least build his sig model again (considering this is pretty much what he plays now config-wise). But when I saw these I jumped on 'em. I guess we gotta what we can haha. But heres to hoping we will one day see a USA with this config.....
          - Adam

Comment

• I just got an SLXT today and posted my NGD thread & review over in the imports section. Executive summary: nice guitar for the money, and very much a real Jackson.

Comment

• Adam, it would be awesome if you would give me a hint on how your new KV balances! I wrote in your thread in the import section, if perhaps you've missed it.
              https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

• It actually balances perfectly. Standing there with the guitar and "no hands" puts the guitar at almost a perfect 45 degree angle for me. For me the balance is great. The USAs are quite a bit heavier but still balance is similar. I assume its because of the strap button placement. (which is similar on both USA and the KVXT).

I will look for your other post and leave a comment there as well
                - Adam

Comment

• I noticed (felt actually) today that my RRXMG´s bridge pickup´s mounting ring was broken and small part of it´s corner was missing. I found missing part and tried to figure out what happened: It seems that every screw on both EMGs were bit overtightened and all holes were not drilled straight down. Screws created tension which had broken those rings. I glued the corner part back with superglue and I hope it stays fastened now after I fixed those faulty screw holes. I guess a new pickup ring is not very expensive, but they should have done better job in the factory in India anyway.

It might be a good idea to check pickup mounting rings if you have a MII X-series Jackson with EMG´s.
                  My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

• Hi! First post on this forum! I'm thinking about picking up a KVXMG but I'm not quite sure yet, my main concern is the tremolo and the fact that the body is made out of basswood. But from what I've read here on JCFonline the guitars seems to be a great value for the price. And also, the electronics aren't the EMG quick connect right? Not even on the 81,85 equippted models so I wonder if the sound will differ alot from a guitar that has the EMG pots and everything.

I'm 17 and this will be my first V style guitar but is this a good purchase or should I look for a used KV5 or a something else? I play mostly death metal, power metal and 80's metal stuff like van halen and those guys.

Comment

• There's nothing wrong with basswood and on top of that with active pickups the tone comes more from the pickup than the wood. I have had 2 guitars with fr specials and have yet to have a problem. All emgs have at least the quick connect cables from pickup to cable.

Comment

• Thats correct, the cables on the pickup side (at least on the KVXT) are quick connect. Soldered on the other end. I have had good results putting EMG 81/60s into my KVXTs. They sound fine!

Hope this helps!
                        - Adam

Comment

• Ok, thank you! Looks like I'm going to buy a KVXMG after the holidays. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get it!

Merry Christmas!

Comment

• Here's a proud WRXTMG owner who has taken some high quality pics:

I liiiiiike!
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Thanks for the link Ron! It looks great, makes me want one even more. I'll do a separate post about something that a Santa wearing UPS clothes delivered yesterday...
                              https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

• Originally posted by Anders View Post
                                Thanks for the link Ron! It looks great, makes me want one even more. I'll do a separate post about something that a Santa wearing UPS clothes delivered yesterday...
                                so spill... where is it? What is it?
                                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X