A Firebird Kelly mix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Firebird Kelly mix?

I've never seen this guitar before so I'm guessing something new? Maybe Jackson is finally at leasat doing something to appease those of us who want firebirds? close? I don't mind the kelly horn on that at all.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

If they do a raised senter and shortscale guitar, I will flip out. Its always a winner in bass form.
    Good catch. Where did you get that pic?
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
    A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

That's a bolt-on, or is the pic that bad?

I didn't think Gibson would allow them to use block inlays, unless they're MOTO J-bass inlays ala Geddy, in which case I'm sure FMIC doesn't mind.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

that is pretty cool!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

He got them not too long ago. You're seeing it right NewC , it's a bolt on.

Comment

That is beaut! I'm not a bass player but I would snap that up ASAP o.O
            Gear

Jackson DXMG
            Jackson JS30RR
            Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
            Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
            Blackstar HT5H
            Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
            Marshall JCM 800 2203
            Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

wow, very nice looking. I wonder if it's something David came up with? I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bolt on neck, most old videos of megadeth I see him playing some sort of bolt- on fender or jackson bass

Comment

If it was a prototype, he probably asked for a bolt on to make it quicker to build.

Comment

Hmmm. Don't think it would translate well for a guitar, but that looks pretty damn cool on a bass.

Comment

It looks like it might be a bit rushed with the chrome bridge and the otherwise black hardware.

In before ESP copies and mass-produces it before Jackson decides whether or not to produce it

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    That's a bolt-on, or is the pic that bad?

I didn't think Gibson would allow them to use block inlays, unless they're MOTO J-bass inlays ala Geddy, in which case I'm sure FMIC doesn't mind.

If you look closely they're more rectangular on the lower notes than Gibson's, which are more square.
                    Last edited by Sephiroth; 08-13-2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X