troy stetina's speed mechanics ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• troy stetina's speed mechanics ?'s

ok so i got this book last week, so far its very good and my skills have improved alot, im just wondering how long you are supposed to study each exercise, obviously learn it until you have it naild, but have it naild at what speed, so far im up to exercise 14 and after he explains that exerice he says somthing like 'a and now you will be able to improvise your own monster licks' and plays this icredible fast as **** lick. now for me to get this fast will take me a vey very long time, so do i have to keepy studying those exercises untill i am that fast?

thanks for any help, sorry if i sound stupid.

Re: troy stetina\'s speed mechanics ?\'s

Cool book there mate,that was the 1st book i cut my musical teeth on way back.

I have to admit i never learned it all..well most off it..i loved the majorish lynchy section and the malmsteen end section(if its in the new edition,i had this book about 11 years ago)

The theory in it is sound and the scales shown are all you need.

its your book bro,learn it how you want too [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks dude, i wasnt sure if i had to learn everything solidly or just learn what i wanted to.

Comment

Vortigern:

I am a devoted, die hard Troy Stetina publication user, as I have a bunch of his stuff, including SM.

Speed Mechanics shouldn't be viewed as a "how long should it require to complete it" vibe, but rather take each exercise, absorb it, and gradually increase your speed with a metronome.

It isn't just a random selection of "licks" or exercises, it is a systematic system to master speed picking, alternate, econmy, sweep, and other techniques.

Practicing with a metronome is very monotonous, about as much fun as hitting yourself in the testicles with a sledgehammer really, but it works.....it just takes dedication and self honesty.

If you seriously practice the material, keep notes on your progress, be honest with yourself, and are willing to put the time in, you will increase your technical ability incredibly fast, or rather, faster than others that have a "shotgun" approach to playing.

This is just my opinion.....but it works for me.

Comment

I totally agree with LesPaulCustom...

You have to seriously practice that stuff, then you'll progress faster than you'd ever thought you could. At least I did... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

BTW, there's a thread in the "Technique" section about the book.
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

yeah thanks guys, itlooks like im going to stick with exercises 1-14 and master those before i go any futher

Comment

Working...
            X