Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is working the 80's jackson's staff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is working the 80's jackson's staff?

During this last decade I found many times the names of people that I belive are ex-jackson employees on the staff of the Fender Custom shop, Paul Reed Smth and others. I belive that some of them are now making the most expensive guitars of the Fender Custom shop. I'm ok? Someone know something obout that.
    Last edited by mmagula; 08-11-2011, 01:02 AM.

Some of the main people still work at Jackson too

Comment

Originally posted by mmagula View Post
      I'm ok?
      I don't know, are ya?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The main ones as far as I know:
        Grover Jackson himself: currently making custom shop BC Rich's because BC Rich wants to lose its "cheap Chinese junk" status it's had ever since Bernie Rico sold the joint
        Mike Shannon: still making the best guitars in the world right here at Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
          The main ones as far as I know:
          Grover Jackson himself: currently making custom shop BC Rich's because BC Rich wants to lose its "cheap Chinese junk" status it's had ever since Bernie Rico sold the joint
          Haven't their imports been Korean and just went to China this year?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Grover is making the Gunslingers but to date nobody has confirmed where the rest of the custom shop guitars are made. Until BCR says otherwise, I say they still start out at BC South in Mexico and are finished in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Haven't their imports been Korean and just went to China this year?

In either case BC is finally trying to do something about it's shit image it's had ever since Rico sold it.

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
              Grover is making the Gunslingers but to date nobody has confirmed where the rest of the custom shop guitars are made. Until BCR says otherwise, I say they still start out at BC South in Mexico and are finished in the US.
              And I noticed his Gunslinger bodies look an awful lot like Ibanez RG bodies
              Last edited by Sephiroth; 08-11-2011, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Mike Eldred was Grover's first employee, and now he's the manager of the Fender Custom Shop.

Comment

Working...
                X