Jackson/Charvel Reissues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson/Charvel Reissues

I'm curious what the general consensus here is. Fender makes quite a few popular reissues. I wonder if that tactic will ever trickle down to Jackson/Charvel.

How nice would it be to go buy a Charvel 750XL reissue, for less than an original would cost, and without searching for years?

Do you think it will cause the value of the original to depreciate? I don't.

I think this would be profitable for Jackson/Charvel. There are many rare sought after guitars on the 2nd hand market, and FMIC could profit from said rarity by making reissues.

If you think it's viable, what models would you like to see?
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

A San Dimas Star would be nice.
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

The only way they can make a 750XL for less than the cost of a used original would be to do it in China like the Desolation Series, which would suck. To make them in Japan, and to the same standard as the originals, they'd be priced higher than whatever the most expensive Pro Series Jackson is right now.

Comment

this would be awsome

Comment

I somewhat see your point DG, but I think your pricing is a bit extreme. I admit I didn't put much thought into my 750XL example, but I still don't see a reissue costing more than a Jap Soloist.
          Last edited by Axegrinder87; 08-16-2011, 08:44 PM.
          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Maybe not your standard reissue, but the 750? The 750 was the finest Charvel ever made, USA or not! Arched top body, flamed maple tops, neck/headstock binding, JT-590, reverse sharks, etc. That's a hard guitar to build, and very expensive. You can have Jackson build one in the Custom Shop, and with the old school toothpaste logo even, but it will be so expensive, as would any reissue.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

charvel model series

Comment

Hopefully the Desolation series will be a success (despite me most likely never buying one) and Charvel can add some more. Then a RI model series would be sweet

Comment

I think they could sell the hell out of Japan-made pointies with quartersawn, oiled necks, maple boards, the Korean floyd, and hardshell case for about what the promods sell for. Do a few with rosewood boards once in a while for the few who prefer it, do some wildcards. Make them better than the originals instead of cheap Chinese knockoffs of the Model series.

Comment

Anything with a pointy headstock is welcome for a return!
                    Ratt & Roll

Comment

I always prefer the pointies. But DAMN those Promods are SEXY!!!

Comment

It woould be great to see the King Kelly return to production...
                        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

I see no reason for pointy charvels anymore

They are (and were in the past 'relabeled') jacksons
                          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

There were pointy San Dimas Charvels very soon after that headstock shape was designed for RR. The whole argument that Charvels shouldn't have a pointy headstock is about as valid as saying that all bolt-on Jacksons should have a Charvel label, since the tradition up to '86 was that Jackson = neckthrough and Charvel = bolt-on. The bottom line is that J/C always has and always will make the call as to what label to put on what, whether it makes sense and follows our made-up rules or not.

Comment

+1

Comment

Working...
                              X