SD Distortion sounds too buzzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Distortion sounds too buzzy

Does anyone else think the Seymour Duncan Distortion sounds to buzzy? I just installed it in my Model 1C. Does know of a pickup with the same output that has a little more warmth? I would prefer SD or Dimarzio.

Re: SD Distortion sounds too buzzy

As with any high-output pickup, you will have to adjust your EQ settings to compensate for the pickup's tonal variations (i.e. too muddy, too middy, too many highs, etc)
    The Distortion is pretty much made for low-medium gain amps, as it boosts the signal by its very design, and high gain amps will have a buzzy sound.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I agree with Newc. I have SD JBs in some of my guitars and SD Distortion in 1 or 2 of them. I have to change my amp settings to take out that "buzz". Some amps may react more severly than others.

Personally, I prefer the JB. It is probably a little lower output and I think it is warmer.

Comment

For warmth, I like the DiMarzio PAF Pro. I've also had good results with the Duncan Screamin' Demon with the right guitar/amp combination. In an ash Dinky through a solidstate amp, it sounded dull and mushy. In a basswood Dinky, through a `70s tube combo, it was fantastic.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X