Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are not the only ones who like Jacksons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah my buds a fender gibby fan. but he always says my guitars (jacksons and BCRichs) play much better than his. He asks me to set up his stuff and i keep telling him, its not just the setup, you need better guitars.....

Comment

I guess the 'thing' in question is are younger players interested in Jackson's?

They certainly do not have the visibility that they did in the mid 80's, and most 'chain' stores only stock the low end models that are not particularly impressive. However, most of these kids aren't in a position to buy a select series or CS(If they even have the opportunity to play one and fall in love with it). I would love to see the brand rise in popularity again, as that might lead to more models/options on select series.

GC has only had 2 select series that I can recall in the last several years, and one of them was an RR1 with the fins so banged up that nobody in their right mind would give the 1200$ they were asking. While there is a Sam Ash somewhat close to me, I haven't been in there. In general I only go to music stores for little things, pics and strings....
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

The first time I ever walked into a music store I noticed the Jackson guitars immediately.

These youngsters buying Ibanork Gibsork Schecork and all other dork models are just like Chevy owners... monkey see monkey do.
        sigpic
        Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Animus View Post
          Yeah, just go over to sevenstring. Nothing but kids with Ibanez which I don't get one bit. Jackson has much better guitars especially at the high end.
          Disagree. Show me a Jackson 7-string better than my K7 or Apex Custom for under a grand. Sorry...they don't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
            The first time I ever walked into a music store I noticed the Jackson guitars immediately.

These youngsters buying Ibanork Gibsork Schecork and all other dork models are just like Chevy owners... monkey see monkey do.
            As a proud Ford Truck and Jackson guitars man I completely understand this. Although I do like Ibanez, mainly the S Series.

Comment

I'm the biggest Jackson/Charvel Fanboy in my city Whenever somebody mentions either I go overboard explaining everything about them and how I love them so much... Then go home and play my Ibanez's

Yeah, just go over to sevenstring. Nothing but kids with Ibanez which I don't get one bit. Jackson has much better guitars especially at the high end.
              I'm looking at an Ibanez 7 string since it's in my price range and it plays really good. If I had the money I'd wait for the Chris Broderick Models.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                I'm the biggest Jackson/Charvel Fanboy in my city Whenever somebody mentions either I go overboard explaining everything about them and how I love them so much... Then go home and play my Ibanez's

I'm looking at an Ibanez 7 string since it's in my price range and it plays really good. If I had the money I'd wait for the Chris Broderick Models.
                Yeah, I was talking about more higher end guitars.
                2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Yeah, I was talking about more higher end guitars.
                  Ok I know what you mean by that, and I probably should've thought of that while responding I love my high end Ibanez/Prestige, but it didn't have anything on a USA Jackson or Charvel. Hell, even my "high" end Ibanez is blown away by my Charvel or Jackson, (both all Japanese made).

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                    I went to a blues jam a few months back. A bunch of old guys with their Strats, Les Pauls and tube amps. Walked in with my custom shop bengal and an AxeFX. They looked at me mighty funny at first. I am not sure but I think of few of them have never heard of Jackson's before and they certainly had not seen an AxeFx. By the end of the night they all wanted to play my guitar and or rig.
                    COOL... I hope you blew some doors off!

Comment

I don't really think kids buy based on bands as much as looks. They go to GC and see schecters and esp ltds that have binding and cool finishes, cross/skull/bat inlays in abalone and it catches their eyes, and its affordable and seems reasonable for the price, so they pick it up and like it. The kids who don't care about that stuff get ibanez because they look like metal guitars. They don't buy jackson because the only ones in the store are js series and they don't really ever catch anyones eyes lol.

Also, think in terms of someone who knows nothing of jackson. They see a esp ltd, they see a dk2. Dk2 costs the same as an ec1000, but with half the "cool" features. You don't realize that its because of the country they're made in, and just sheer quality difference. The ec1000 seems like a nice guitar, has the stuff you want, and there's 100 more esp brand guitars on the shelves, not many Jacksons, mostly cheap ones. You might start to think that either jackson is an off brand, ir just a rip off.

I think as long as jackson gets these new X series guitars on the shelves, it will be great for business.
                      Last edited by TKEblue; 09-04-2011, 09:25 AM.
                      I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

I could only imagine the faces....
                        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                          Disagree. Show me a Jackson 7-string better than my K7 or Apex Custom for under a grand. Sorry...they don't exist.
                          Not Jackson, but the Schecter C7 Custom eats it's competitors for breakfast. I'm not kidding, that is a serious 7 for $800
                          I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Sandman View Post
                            COOL... I hope you blew some doors off!
                            sad but true. visibility and a lot more options in color, binding, etc will really help Jackson.

Comment

Working...
                            X