No announcement yet.

Jackson's new website and forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am however, disappointed that there is no X offering of the Kelly.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
      Well thank fuck they're not plywood. I think at that price range you have the potential for a pretty good project guitar.
      I've owned a basswood Ibanez. It's not the best tonewood but it's far from being shitty. I think people are over-reacting a little bit on that.

Comment

Hope they are not MIC.
        Beyond that, I like what they have done here better than the Charvel models.

Basswood is not bad. It's soft, but, the finish adds to it's strength.
        It's the chicken of tonewoods. Sounds bland, but takes seasoning well.
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
          I'm also surprised that they haven't offered them. I'm beginning to wonder if the Kelly is the least popular Jackson out there! I always thought the Warriors have that stigma due to their extreme shape...
          -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

I've heard that people have trouble with basswood guitars with the claw screws pulling out of the wood. And basswood sounds way too bright to me, the only ibanez I've liked is the S series and its mohogony.
            I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
              That's a good description I must say...
              -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
                I've heard that people have trouble with basswood guitars with the claw screws pulling out of the wood. And basswood sounds way too bright to me, the only ibanez I've liked is the S series and its mohogony.
                Yeah it can do that. That's why only the string-through-body ones appeal to me.

Comment

It's happened, but, it's not too common.
                  Look at the Charvel model series. They have lasted for 20+ years and you don't see a lot of them that have that problem.
                  If it does, you can glue some inserts into the holes and re-screw.
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                    +1!

And... Is Bionic going to give us freebies if we find some glitches/mistakes on the web site just like the last time?
                    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

What if you marinate it in yoghurt and thyme for 24 hours?
                      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Jesus, furthermore, it would be nice to see examples of the other finishes available all around.
                        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                          What if you marinate it in yoghurt and thyme for 24 hours?

Basswood Vindaloos?

Comment

It's happened, but, it's not too common.
                            Look at the Charvel model series. They have lasted for 20+ years and you don't see a lot of them that have that problem.
                            If it does, you can glue some inserts into the holes and re-screw.
                            Those were higher quality instruments, made in japan, and probably used higher quality basswood. The main guitars I've heard of this happening to are ibanez's low end guitars. I've never heard about it happening to a japan made ibanez.

In spite all of my negative comments on these, I am excited to check some of them out. I am interested in the slsxmg
                            I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Those were higher quality instruments, made in japan, and probably used higher quality basswood. The main guitars I've heard of this happening to are ibanez's low end guitars. I've never heard about it happening to a japan made ibanez.
                              what are you basing this on? Can you provide any real examples?

Basswood is no good because claw screws pull out of the guitar, but many of us can provide examples of 20+ year old basswood Model series Charvels that haven't suffered this. Can you assume that it is a better quality basswood, and if it is, how much better quality does it have to be before claw screws stop leaping out of the guitar?
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post

And... Is Bionic going to give us freebies if we find some glitches/mistakes on the web site just like the last time?
                                Probably not, but the Mark Morton specs are still wrong... fret size and bridge type.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X