Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of Vai's Gems are alder,
    So does that make the basswood ones not count???:think:
    EVH's crrent guitar does have basswood but also has a true maple cap that adds strength
    His charvels were all basswood.
    most of Petrucci's Ernie Balls have mahogany or alder bodies
    again he still has a basswood signature guitar.
    If these guys didn't like basswood they wouldn't have ANY of their sign models made from it.

Comment

Wait... There's a Jackson Forum?!

Comment

Petruccis guitars also have resonation chambers in them that I would imagine would drastically change the sound of basswood. Also, they could have just made those signatures because some people like basswood. Then there's also the whole thing of them not having to pay for a guitar so if screws strip, they throw it away and get a new one for free.
        I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
          That's one of the reasons why I am putting X2N's in the RRXT when it comes out (well that and you can get Dimarzios in different colors and I'm gonna drop in green ones in the RRXT in black with green edges).
          You can order Duncans in different colors, too.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Petruccis guitars also have resonation chambers in them that I would imagine would drastically change the sound of basswood. Also, they could have just made those signatures because some people like basswood. Then there's also the whole thing of them not having to pay for a guitar so if screws strip, they throw it away and get a new one for free.
            Some people are never happy

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              You can order Duncans in different colors, too.
              Yeah but X2N's have been my favorite metal pups for 20+ years now.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                It's not pronounced BASEwood. It's like the fish... ass with a B in front of it.
                Barsewood?

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                  I personally really like basswood, and this thread is the first Im EVER hearing of trem claws pulling out... definite news to me.
                  It happened to my buddies Ibanez, but that was just a cheap basswood.
                  I love my basswood sounding guitars! The neck pickup's tone usually sounds a lot better in my opinion, more rounded off like Petrucci's neck leads.

Comment

The drop downs on the Jackson site don't work on the latest version of Opera.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                      The drop downs on the Jackson site don't work on the latest version of Opera.
                      Stop using Opera.
                      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

The sort menus don't work in Chrome, for that matter. Test your site before it goes live, people.
                        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

theres no custom shop anything????

Comment

I notice Brad is being really coy about the X series country of origin: http://www.jacksonguitars.com/commun...ic.php?f=7&t=5
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              I notice Brad is being really coy about the X series country of origin: http://www.jacksonguitars.com/commun...ic.php?f=7&t=5
                              I've noticed that too!
                              It's very possible that these new models are made in the same factory where the new Charvel Desolation series are made...
                              -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
                                It's very possible that these new models are made in the same factory where the new Charvel Desolation series are made...
                                Shut up shut up shut up! Don't jinx it, man! In the X series thread (JCF) I have a few good points in my theory that they are coming from Harmony (India factory).
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X