Grover doesn't like metal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
    I thought Grover came back to Jackson as a "consultant" for a while about 5 years ago? was that BS or a temp return?
    He did for year or so. Not sure how long it was. Sometime after Fender acquired Jackson. He was with Rickenbacker a few years back as well. He was working there NAMM booth.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I was the one who used the term "flaming" and I did so in a smart ass manner.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Well, I'm glad to know that Grover didn't like Metal, otherwise Jackson guitars would've sucked...
        -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
          Ron, I don't see how I - or anyone else for that matter - was even remotely flaming you in here? :think: Lighten up Francis, indeed.
          Originally posted by Twitch View Post
          I was the one who used the term "flaming" and I did so in a smart ass manner.

* insert appropriate lolcat *
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

This isn't that unusual. They say that Leo Fender couldn't even play guitar.

Comment

That was pretty cool of Jackson to give Brian Slagel that sweet guitar. It's too bad they couldn't get the rest of the year showing on the guitar. I know you have to work with constraints of the space available, but you would think the year is just as important as the brand name.

Comment

That's a pretty interesting fact. I thought maybe he listened to some hard rock such as Ratt or MAYBE even thrash metal, never knew he didn't like metal as a whole. Either way it doesn't matter to me much. Johnny Ramone didn't care for music or being in a band, he did it only for the money, and how many times do we hear the songs he writes on the radio?

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                Uh......yea...... umm........greatest and influential cars in history....... You sure you dont want to rethink that statement??

The K car. the definition of shit on 4 wheels.
                He was drunk. And high. And hit his head too hard. And senile. And lost a bet. And in a bad mood because his pancakes weren't cooked all the way through.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  This isn't that unusual. They say that Leo Fender couldn't even play guitar.

How about Jim Marshall, he was a drummer, not a bass player but a drummer.

Mick Shrimpton: As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.[Spinal Tap]
                  You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Whoops! Cannella lets slip this embarrassing & controversial tidbit whilst describing a custom DK1 at the Metal Blade offices, go to 1:50:

How is it a DK1 when it's only got 22 frets? :P
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Damn eagle eyes, nice catch.

Comment

The older DK1 was 22 frets and H/S/S, the newer one is 24 frets and H/H. This would just be a Custom Dinky.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          How is it a DK1 when it's only got 22 frets? :P
                          Custom Shop made with only 22 frets so they could almost get the year on the guitar.
                          You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

They should have moved the paint a little to the left. :idea:

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                              I said some, so lets try the Mustang and the Chrysler minivan for starters.
                              Well I will give him the credit for the mustang it was a great seller and a great car, but the mopar minivan was and in my opinion still is junk. they really put out some major shitty quality minivans back in the day, and it took them a while before they got it right. and even when they did, they are still disposable. 100K, throw it away.
                              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

POS though it may be, it redefined the car industry and saved a company from bankruptcy.

Comment

Working...
                                X