Grover doesn't like metal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grover doesn't like metal??

Whoops! Cannella lets slip this embarrassing & controversial tidbit whilst describing a custom DK1 at the Metal Blade offices, go to 1:50:

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Wow! I'd never have thunk that! But hey! A great guitar is a great guitar not matter what is played on it and musicians "see" that, be they "chicken pickers" or "D tuned head crushers". That said Jacksons are my primary guitars now for that main reason, the necks! I don't even touch my JEMs anymore and I only play my `59 reisue LP other that my Jacksons or Charvels and why I'm ordering another CS Jackson! Doesn't bother me if Grover doesn't like metal as long as Jackson keeps making the best fugging guitars out there!
    You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

I would guess that lots of guys like Grover, Seymour Duncan, Rico, Wayne, Randall Smith and other industry moguls of that era arent hard core metal fans. they are older dudes from a different time in pop culture. they grew up listening to the beach boys and the beatles. just a different time, a different generation. its not like its bad. its just different. hey, they developed products for the metal crowd and catered to them, so its all good IMO.
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I think that was a well-placed insult towards Grover now that he's making guitars for BC Rich, who's market is just as metal-oriented as Jackson's is

Comment

Who really cares? I find it neither embarrassing nor controversial. Grover is entitled to like whatever he likes. Doesn't men a thing for my impression of him, nor the brands and products he created.

Comment

Originally posted by SixstringKing View Post
            Doesn't bother me if Grover doesn't like metal as long as Jackson keeps making the best fugging guitars out there!
            You do realize Grover hasn't been with Jackson Guitars in a very long time, right?
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
              Who really cares? I find it neither embarrassing nor controversial. Grover is entitled to like whatever he likes. Doesn't men a thing for my impression of him, nor the brands and products he created.
              +1
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                Take it easy, feller, I was joking with that phrase - maybe I should've used a instead of a ?

Comment

I thought Grover came back to Jackson as a "consultant" for a while about 5 years ago? was that BS or a temp return?

I remember reading here a while back that he had worked for Ed Roman for a while too, is that one true?

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Take it easy, feller, I was joking with that phrase - maybe I should've used a instead of a ?
                    Maybe you should've... Maybe you should've.

Comment

Sure was a bit of flaming here. If true, I find it a very interesting factoid. It says little about the man or the company. So his passion lain elsewhere while designing and producing the quintessential metal guitar. I bet you $10 Lee Iacocca's passion wasnt designing automobiles, he was just good at it, therefore, he did that to make his living and lived his passion behind the scenes with the money he made designing some of the greatest and most influential cars in history.
                      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                        +1
                        Lighten up, Francis ?

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                          Sure was a bit of flaming here. If true, I find it a very interesting factoid. It says little about the man or the company. So his passion lain elsewhere while designing and producing the quintessential metal guitar. I bet you $10 Lee Iacocca's passion wasnt designing automobiles, he was just good at it, therefore, he did that to make his living and lived his passion behind the scenes with the money he made designing some of the greatest and most influential cars in history.
                          Uh......yea...... umm........greatest and influential cars in history....... You sure you dont want to rethink that statement??

The K car. the definition of shit on 4 wheels.

Comment

I said some, so lets try the Mustang and the Chrysler minivan for starters.
                            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Ron, I don't see how I - or anyone else for that matter - was even remotely flaming you in here? :think: Lighten up Francis, indeed.

Comment

Working...
                              X