Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why arent there any vids showing a tour of the Jackson Factory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why arent there any vids showing a tour of the Jackson Factory?

Every other guitar maker has vids showing a tour of their factorys, why doesnt Jackson?

Maybe we should all send e-mails to them and ask for a company worker to shoot a vid of the factory. I'd love to see how they work there

Good luck. The website gets updated once a decade, so don't expect new stuff for a while.
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Id like them to do what PRS does on youtube.. very cool how they show you how they make everything from 15k private stocks to Customs. and every step.

Love watching those..

Comment

The last time JCFers were invited for a tour, we were told cameras were not allowed
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Theyd let you in, but then they would have to kill you. Ron escaped by the skin of his teeth. He side stepped the tour to check out the archives by posing as a security guard for Mike Shannon. Mikes afraid of being molested by the other tour guests. They all knew of his run in with Ed Roman and his stature, so he was a clear cut candidate for the position.

He was discovered by another employee shoulder deep in the filing cabinet near the end of the tour. Ron had to leap out the window in a blaze of gun fire into a trash receptacle just below the window. By the time security made it outside, Ron had already hopped in his Lexus and fled the scene.
          Last edited by Twitch; 09-09-2011, 09:00 PM.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
            Theyd let you in, but then they would have to kill you. Ron escaped by the skin of his teeth. He side stepped the tour to check out the archives by posing as a security guard for Mike Shannon. Mikes afraid of being molested by the other tour guests. They all knew of his run in with Ed Roman and his stature, so he was a clear cut candidate for the position.

He was discovered by another employee shoulder deep in the filing cabinet near the end of the tour. Ron had to leap out the window in a blaze of gun fire into a trash receptacle just below the window. By the time security made it outside, Ron had already hopped in his Lexus and fled the scene.
            I thought we all agreed it was a 1984 Fiero he escaped in?

Comment

No, no, now I remember, it was a Pinto. An APB was sent out regarding a brown Pinto with one male occupant. The car was so small and Rons stature made it appear that there was someone in every seat so he slipped under the radar.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Actually, I arrived in a 2001 Corvette that day!

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                  No, no, now I remember, it was a Pinto. An APB was sent out regarding a brown Pinto with one male occupant. The car was so small and Rons stature made it appear that there was someone in every seat so he slipped under the radar.
                  OH YA, it's all coming back to me...

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Actually, I arrived in a 2001 Corvette that day!
                  And left in a brown Pinto.

Comment

Well, youve seen the fender factory tour, its the same thing after the buyout, right? Rons adventure was all pre-fender.
                    Last edited by Carbuff; 09-10-2011, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Ron told me his was about two years ago I believe, and then some other forum admin and members came around 2003 to view it.

If I lived near there I would probably visit once a week and see if I can grab guitars straight after production lol. I doubt if they would let me do that though...

I would also apply for a job there, just cleaning up the place at first, then quality control, then learn how to build USA Select Guitars, then maybe become Pablo Santana's and Mike Shannon's apprentice. That would be sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                        Well, youve seen the fender factory tour, its the same thing after the buyout, right? Rons adventure was all pre-fender.
                        Originally posted by church2224 View Post
                        Ron told me his was about two years ago I believe,
                        Yeah, our tour was summer 2008 or 09.

Carbuff

Comment

Originally posted by racerx View Post
                          yeah, our tour was summer 2008 or 09.

Carbuff
                          doh!

Comment

Here's the only vid I could find on YT:

Comment

I toured when it was at the Fender factory, about two years ago. The video you posted, Ron, is not the same building.

- E.
                              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
                              X