Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member/ question

Hi,
    First post here, and hoping I can get some advice from other forum members. I recently picked up a 92 US made Soloist for cheap, and would like to fix it up a bit. My question is - can I replace the Jackson/Floyd that's on it now with an original Floyd Rose? Specifically, will it be a direct fit replacement, or require any sort of technical reworking? I've got a small(but nice) collection of American-made guitars, and am thrilled to finally have a Jackson among them. I think that with a little TLC, this Soloist will be a killer. Any advice would be appreciated.

Scott

Re: new member/ question

Yes, it is basically a drop in. However the type of tremolo that you currently have may make it a difficult replacement. You may have issues regarding the back route or the shape of the baseplate. Do you have a picture??
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Re: new member/ question

I think the only route that is a must is the one where the arm barrel assembly is. You must make the slightly larger for the movement of the barrel. I also do back routing on mine, but I pull up alot. If it is a recessed pocket, the front corner by the treble trem stud may rub slightly ( I have had one do this, the only recessed floyd I have ever had ) When you do the routing, (hopefully you can use a Bridgeport or something with an XY table) take off about .0400" first to score the paint off, then you can plunge down and get a very clean route. Good luck

Comment

Working...
      X