Is this a balanced trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a balanced trade?

DK2M for a Schecter Hellraiser Avenger? I've had the Jackson for about six months and I'm ready to try something new. I don't see keeping the Schecter for more than six months either. I have three main guitars that I'll probably keep and another two that I use for trading purposes to satisfy my GAS. What do you guys think?

Not really sure. A brief look indicated that the prices are similar... I have never heard anyhting bad about Schecter. I think the best way to determine, regardless of what anyone says, and play them both. Try not to think about the aesthetics and go based on feel and playabillity. After you make your determination, then reassess factoring in the aesthetic aspect.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

The neck alone on your DK2M will fetch about the same price or more on the used market that the Hellraiser Avenger will.
      If you are just concerned with getting something new to satisfy your GAS, then I guess go for it.
      If you're getting something with the intention of using it for future trade bait, I'd say pass and hang onto the DK2M.
      People are always looking for that model because of the bound maple neck, so it's got desirability.
      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

After reading your post I had to look... as I said, I looked briefly... apparently a litle too briefly. From a value point of view, you are 100% correct.
        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

If you aren't satisfied with a dk2m the schecter will not satisfy you either. Also agree about the future trades. Hellraisers are easy to come by for less then half of the new price even just a few months old. If you watch craigslist you'll see one go up for 550-600 then a week later 500, a week later 450, 400, ect.

I was very close to purchasing one a while back and stumbled across my dk2m, the schecters were all new, dk2m was used and had a higher quality feel to it and it sounded a lot better.

I would hold out for something better but that's just my opinion.

Schecter makes great guitars for the money, but not jackson great guitars.
          I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

I'm thinking from a pure cash perspective the guitars used value might be the same. I was thinking the DK2M used is worth $300-375. I'm not too sure of the Schecter used market so I was just estimating 50% of the new price as a baseline. I believe the Schecter ran $750 new. Am I way off?

Comment

The Schecter is about $399 new right now. Expect to get about half that if you're lucky used.
              My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
                The Schecter is about $399 new right now. Expect to get about half that if you're lucky used.
                http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...LAID=877791786
                That's the Avenger Special. I was referring to the discontiued non special model that ran $750 or more new.

Comment

also don't forget that hellraisers are made in indonesia vs the dk2m in japan.

The 750 one I believe is the atx, not the hellraiser. Atx are nice, the ones i've played at least. Ebony boards, aged multi-ply binding, nice feeling necks, and sound pretty good. If its one of these id say its equal, if its a hellraiser, id say hell no. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
                    also don't forget that hellraisers are made in indonesia vs the dk2m in japan.

The 750 one I believe is the atx, not the hellraiser. Atx are nice, the ones i've played at least. Ebony boards, aged multi-ply binding, nice feeling necks, and sound pretty good. If its one of these id say its equal, if its a hellraiser, id say hell no. Lol
                    Agreed. The ATX model would be about an even trade, but The Hellraiser Avenger is a Hellraiser model. That price is MSRP, not street price.
                    The line I gave you shows a MSRP of $869 and a street price of $599 and is on sale for $399.
                    There is no difference between the special and non-special model, other than year of manufacture, as far as I can tell. Specs are identical.
                    Last edited by DalyTek; 09-17-2011, 06:18 PM.

Comment

I don't know much about avengers specifically, but for c-1s the difference between the special and regular is the tremolo. The regular hellraiser has an ofr, the special has a floyd rose special.

Comment

Jackson>Schector
                        Schector=Expensive firewood
                        Hang on to the Jackson!!!!!!!!
                        Throw down or fucking bite your own bullet.....

Comment

*Schecter* haha!
                          Throw down or fucking bite your own bullet.....

Comment

I was able to trade a Inferno red DK2M which I got from GC for $290 out the door in MINT condition. I traded it for a 7-string Hellraiser with Dimarzio cheapo pups also in MINT condition.

Schecters have a fatter neck than Jacksons. I do not like it. the schecters I've come across, the fretwork is similar. Both have nice jumbo frets. But I dont like the painted necks on the schecters.
                            Sam

Comment

i mean, if you REALY want to trade the DK2M, trade it for a nice Ibanez. i dont like ibanez too much, except for the petrucci and gilbert models, and the whole bolt-on design they use, but its way more cost effective than some crappy schecter, worth $750 or not. Hell, even the $300 and up Ibby's play better than one of those. But i would hang on to the jackson.
                              Guitars:
                              Jackson Kevin Bond RR Green
                              Jackson Kevin Bond RR Red
                              Grover Jackson Dan Spitz RR
                              Epi Thunderhorse Explorer

Amps:
                              Modded Jet City 100HDM
                              custom 4x12

"Moran!"-augistin01(maker of B.C. Rich Deathangels and Defiler of one poor RR1)

Comment

Working...
                              X