Is this a balanced trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hunterkolb View Post
    i mean, if you REALY want to trade the DK2M, trade it for a nice Ibanez. i dont like ibanez too much, except for the petrucci and gilbert models, and the whole bolt-on design they use, but its way more cost effective than some crappy schecter, worth $750 or not. Hell, even the $300 and up Ibby's play better than one of those. But i would hang on to the jackson.

O.o shecter makes great guitars. The issue is a dk2m is comparable both in price new, and quality to an Atx, and is above the quality and new cost range of a hellraiser. Schecters QC is top notch, Schecters non diamond series are great and most of the diamonds I've played are great for their price range. To say that ibanez is better is just your opinion. From an unbias standpoint, all major guitar manufacturers are pretty well equal. From a bias standpoint tho, jackson ftw! Lol
    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

I have a dk2m bengal and I wouldn't trade it for a schecter if my life was on the line! Go play a couple of schecters and you'll see that their heavy as f*** (at least all the ones i picked up) and you don't feel the same quality as a jackson.
      Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
      Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
        O.o shecter makes great guitars. The issue is a dk2m is comparable both in price new, and quality to an Atx, and is above the quality and new cost range of a hellraiser. Schecters QC is top notch, Schecters non diamond series are great and most of the diamonds I've played are great for their price range. To say that ibanez is better is just your opinion. From an unbias standpoint, all major guitar manufacturers are pretty well equal. From a bias standpoint tho, jackson ftw! Lol
        yeah, you have a point. musta had a lets hate schecter day. Well, I think some schecters are allright. kinda uncomfortable though. and Maiden89 has a good point. they are just as heavy if not more heavier than a lp.
        Guitars:
        Jackson Kevin Bond RR Green
        Jackson Kevin Bond RR Red
        Grover Jackson Dan Spitz RR
        Epi Thunderhorse Explorer

Amps:
        Modded Jet City 100HDM
        custom 4x12

"Moran!"-augistin01(maker of B.C. Rich Deathangels and Defiler of one poor RR1)

Comment

Seeing as you said you are looking at it from a money perspective, keep the DK2M.

Given that the DK2M is now discontinued, its value just went up. In my own opinion, I never believed Schecters have a big resale value as they are not as sought after as a Jackson - or say at least a DK2M. But that doesn't take away the fact that they are fantastic guitars for the money; mine's tank-built and it sounds great. However, the Schecter neck is not for everyone... It's kinda thick and they only use 1 5/8 (42mm) nut width (much like ESP). Straight 12" radius too, what the hell is up with that?

Personal opinion, I'd keep the DK2M.
          I <3 DR Strings.

2007 Jackson KV2
          2006 Schecter C1 Blackjack
          Randall RG75G2
          Line 6 PODxt

Comment

I've never played a Schecter I didn't think was awful.
            All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Working...
            X