Which finish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which finish?

Sorry guys but I'm still here...i found 2 RR1s and I don't know which one to get..

The first one is a friend of mine's RR1, 1998 (so pre-fender), black metallic with a painted case (the previous owner did some drawings with a permanent marker) and the two wings are a little scraped/cracked...one is awfully coloured with a black permanent marker, don't know if it will go away. This RR1 comes without pickups, it has EMG Kerry King set but i don't want them he takes away 150€ from the price, so he asks my strat+550€. No original pickups. 1415$ total

The second one is a 2008 RR1 in Agent Orange (real beuty), MINT conditions, original PUPs and case, without scratches, drawings, repairs or similar. He asks 1000€, aroun 1348$.

Which one to buy? I like both finishes but I don't know if the "pre fender" meaning is important, you know "pre fender is better", like Gibson's Norlin Era or Fender pre CBS...

I really dig the orange one
    Rick

$1415 US dollars for something with no pups and cracked and chipped wings? Fuck that, bro! Plus how is the back? He may have done "surgery" to it to accomodate the battery for the actives which are obviously not factory since Kerry King is not exactly a Jackson player. Whatever value it had as a pre-Fender sounds like it's been destroyed by this guy's tampering with and abusing it. Jacksons are NOT like Fenders and Gibsons where a little wear makes them appreciate with some. Pointy's have to be mint.

Get the cheaper one that's not all screwed up. Forget that it's a post-Fender. Post-Fender USA Jacksons still have A+ quality.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 09-22-2011, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Get the one you like more. The Pre-Fender thing has been debated over and over, and the sheer fact that it has to be continually debated shows that there are excellent guitars both pre- and post-Fender. If you really dig the Agent Orange color, and it's in better shape, complete and unmolested, get that one. This should be an easy choice for you!
      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Forget the pre- and post-Fender nonsense. I'd go for the Agent Orange.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

there is no legitimacy to the pre-fender thing. get the agent orange. it looks awesome!!
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yes, the Orange one is clear, mint, the photos doesn't show well the colour...i still prefer the Absynther and the Ferrari finishes, but this Orange one is perfect. Both come with the COA..
            Rick

Comment

Another vote here for getting the Agent Orange in good condition. Regardless of pre or post fender status.

Comment

Is the Agent Orange a particular/"extra" finish, like the Absynthe?
                Rick

Comment

Well, at least the metallic black one you don't have to spend extra to relic it
                  "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Agent Orange is priced in the same finish price range as absinthe frost. Right between the plain colors and the trans finishes.

I say grab the mint agent orange one. I've seen an agent orange KV in person and it looks killer.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I agree with Sephiroth - that's not a Fender or a Gibson, it must be in perfect health to be a beauty, not relic, ahahah!
                      Rick

Comment

Go orange and without the graffiti
                        Jackson KV2
                        Jackson KE1T
                        Jackson KE1F
                        Jackson SL1

Comment

Go with the orange one...the pre-post Fender stuff has been blown way outta proportion. How you'd even consider paying more for a hatchet job over a complete piece escapes me.
                          My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn KK View Post
                            Sorry guys but I'm still here...i found 2 RR1s and I don't know which one to get..

The first one is a friend of mine's RR1, 1998 (so pre-fender), black metallic with a painted case (the previous owner did some drawings with a permanent marker) and the two wings are a little scraped/cracked...one is awfully coloured with a black permanent marker, don't know if it will go away. This RR1 comes without pickups, it has EMG Kerry King set but i don't want them he takes away 150€ from the price, so he asks my strat+550€. No original pickups. 1415$ total

The second one is a 2008 RR1 in Agent Orange (real beuty), MINT conditions, original PUPs and case, without scratches, drawings, repairs or similar. He asks 1000€, aroun 1348$.

Which one to buy? I like both finishes but I don't know if the "pre fender" meaning is important, you know "pre fender is better", like Gibson's Norlin Era or Fender pre CBS...

I really dig the orange one
                            Let me explain Pre-Fender to you. It is dreamed up by people with old guitars that want to sell there for big $'s.

Comment

Orange...

Comment

Working...
                              X