rare bird indeed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nor View Post
    Al Z? Is that u bRo?! WHAT CHU DOIN IN nAsSAw?
    Nah, it's just Kramer... again.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I
      Last edited by Mr.Gregory; 02-21-2013, 09:17 PM.

Comment

They just didn't make model 6s with block inlays. There weren't any custom options from the Japanese factory back then so no, it wasn't orderded like that. And the standard of inlay work is way below that of a Model series Charvel.

Rare? Perhaps (and perhaps for good reason). But that doesn't make it original.
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

i
          Last edited by Mr.Gregory; 02-21-2013, 09:13 PM.

Comment

I think one consideration is that whatever the history, if you like it then that's great. And if other people do or don't, that's a non issue until you want to sell it or have people pat you on the back about it...
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I think if you added Jayster's reindeer inlays on top of the blocks, it would look okay.

Comment

In this case, "Way too rare," doesn't translate to valuable. I personally wouldn't pay as much or even near as much for this as for the same Model 6 with sharkies. Sorry. This would be a downgrade IMO. None of this is meant to be rude, you did just throw a generic "Rare Bird" statement along with a link to photos. I think the forum members assumed that you were looking for comments.
                Last edited by BayRocker; 10-01-2011, 01:56 PM.
                My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

The blocks are WAY too big.......

because they're covering sharkie routes
                  "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

mon
                    Last edited by Mr.Gregory; 02-21-2013, 09:14 PM.

Comment

It is NOT original. And if it was, it would be worthless. The Model series is heralded because of quality. THAT is NOT quality.

Secondly, it wouldn't have been done on a "whim" by a Japanese prankster, and expect to ship it out to a store, with no questions asked.

Lastly, bill of sale means nothing. All it means is, somebody bought the guitar at some point. Unless in the 80's, bill of sale included pictures?

You sought expert opinion, it's been given numerous times now. Those inlays were done AFTER the guitar was purchased, by a fella who most likely resembles Billy The Exterminator. Anyone who says otherwise, should keep to themselves.
                      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

I guess we are not getting thru to you.You press on with the idea is rare and done at the factory.No its not rare just an oddity.
                        The factory would not have let one out with such a horrible inlay job that is how the Japanese are.
                        Block inlays were not an option plain and simple.
                        Routing the sharkies to a square would be rather simple and shaping /cutting blocks would be as well.Whoever did this did it after the fact maybe at the music store who knows.
                        One thing its not original to the guitar.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                          Block inlays just don't look right on a Charvel.
                          I'm sure they'd look nice on a 750XL if they weren't horrifically proportioned. (Like they are here)
                          I like EL34s.

Comment

This would be far more believable as far as authenticity is concerned:

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                              This would be far more believable as far as authenticity is concerned:

[IMG][/IMG]
                              I like EL34s.

Comment

i never
                                Last edited by Mr.Gregory; 02-21-2013, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X