Question about a guitar....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about a guitar....

Has anyone ever heard of a guitar made in 1984 called the Route 66??? It is a telecaster body, dice knobs, etc. Has anyone EVER heard of this guitar? I think it is fake, and have seen what looks like a bogus wikipedia entry - but figured I would check here anyway... Thanks.

Got any pics or the link? Kind of interested.

Comment

Never heard of it, but a Google search revealed this. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum....php?t=1438284

Funny info says it was made in Jackson/Charvel's Fort Worth facility. Fort Worth was their headquarters and nothing was made there. Anything that has the Fort Worth plate was made in Japan. I've also never seen a Charvel have a logo with USA like that on it or have the truss rod adjustment at the nut.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nope, don't like it. Even if it were real, I wouldn't like it.
        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Gotta call total BS on that one. Its probably a cool guitar, but Im 99% sure that its not a Charvel.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Few months back, I called a guy selling his "mid-80s Charvel Route 66". He was from the mid-south somewhere, I wanna say Nashville-ish. He sounded like a young man. If any of this checks with the guy trying to sell you his, then it's the very same axe...same dude.

I put him thru my usual Q & A and early into the call knew precisely what he had.

That guitar was made from disparate import parts and components. It's a mutt. There was a long laundry list of inconsistencies at variance with anything made in San Dimas. I remember the most glaring was the 6-digit serial neck plate used which obviously came off a Model Series import. Plate number was 232435 off a 1986 Model Series. 1988 Model 7 body Candy Apple Red, strat-style headstock USA neck.

I pulled these notes in the event this is the same guitar in the hope of preventing you getting ripped off.

ps: That kid was really good. In the face of being told how wildly disparate the parts and components were, he just played dumb through the whole call. Perhaps the most amiable bullshit artist I ever met.
            Mitch
            AxeDealers/Guitarsehole

Comment

If it's the same guitar as the link above, then the neck is also fake. Too wide 12 fret marker spacing, no skunk stripe on the back from the small amount I could see, and rounded off corners at the end of the fretboard. I bet it even smells bad.

Comment

that is so fake it's not even funny...
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Well, the dude in Toe's link that said he's getting that disgrace...he's from Hermitage, TN, so "Nashville-ish" isn't too far off...I'd say it's a very good possibility it is the exact POS you saw, modelseriesman.
                  My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Working...
                  X