New RR24XT Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RR24XT Any good?

Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

Very cheap for a maple neck through with binding...?

Can anyone share any info on the build quality of these guitars?

I tell you why I like it - its a neckthrough RR with a tom bridge and basically that is it. I was looking at getting one of the rarer white pinstripe RR5's that have binding, I don't know if those are a certain year only, a certain batch or non export Jap models or what, certainly all the used ones I've seen have no binding and up to 2009 I believe no had binding at all. I could buy a used RR1 but they all have recessed trems, a used RR1T is like gold dust.

But this RR24XT is basically half the price - but any good if you upgrade the hardware or not a touch on an RR5? Is it worth the effort? Or would I be better off just making one from stratch with a custom through neck?

Or I could hang out for a used Kevin Bond. Love having no stratchplate and a vol knob in the right place but those satan pentagon inlays....

Seems like a whole lot of guitar for the money...maybe to rival TOM Bridge Made in Czech Republic BC Rich exotic classics etc in the similar price band.

Wondering what the best option might be out of these cheaper RR's.

Damn just seen one for $400. For that price I'd be tempted to saw the wings off the neck and glue an Alder body to it without a front cavity, lift the fretboard and replace with a Tony Iommi one...
    Last edited by ginsambo; 09-29-2011, 01:20 PM.
    You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Read this thread: http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/121...s-new-X-series!
    Its about 4 down from this one (well, more now)
    "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Thanks, think I'II hang out for a deal on a new RR5 with binding or a beat up mahogany Kevin Bond for the hassle

Unless by some miracle an old RR Tom Bridge comes my way.

I have a basswood Stealth LT and the floyd posts....well they just melted, it was like balsa wood, the quality varies so much with that stuff, expecially if it is cheaply sourced and its too light. Wonder if the RR24T will be neck heavy then.
      You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Consider though, that these are maple neck thru guitars. The floyd studs will be in the maple part of the thru-body portion, so stability shouldnt be an issue. As for the rest, well I cant comment because I dont think anyone actually has one of those yet.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Yeah, might want to wait until they hit the stores...
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
          X