What Is It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is It?

:think:Picked this up at a pawn shop for 99 bux while here on vacation. I am a collector of sorts and I have looked at all the pics on Fleabay etc. Hope someone here can clue me in. It has what looks to be a reverse headstock with profesional on it. It has Jackson script on the back of the tuners. It has emg selects x 2 and looks like a humbucker at the bridge with a floyd tremolo unit. The neck inlays look to be backwards but there are dot markers in the correct position on top of the neck. It looks like a Dinky shaped body but I could find none with a pickguard like this with 3 pots and a strat style selector switch too? The back is missing the floyd cover but it is a standard Jackson cover (ordered part) No other rear covers and the neck plate ia an aftermarket custom shop job with no help or numbers anywhere. I figure the neck and pups were worth the 99 bux but it's a strange axe indeed
    http://s1114.photobucket.com/albums/k530/seawolf1818/

Its a DR3 neck mated to a non-Jackson who knows what body. Hope you didnt pay more than $150 for the whole thing...
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Body looks like an Ibanez - what does the neck joint look like from the back?
      sigpic

Comment

Yes that is what I thought but the rear tremolo cover is the correct size and shape for a Jackson Charvel only guitar. There was a plate on fleabay and the measurements were correct. Besides it has a definate Dinky shaped body. I have an old Godin G1000 which has a similar body shape but the base horn is much longer and the treble horn isn't pointed like this one. The neck fit is near perfect in it's setup which would be weird for another brand body atleast in my experience. I'll keep looking at books and other sites but it is weird indeed:think:

Comment

The back neck joint is a typical bolt on recessed to a perfect fit against the body and pickguard. Guess it could be an Ibanez or Washburn or other foreign brand just haven't come one exactly like this configuration. I know there are tons out there just thought the body cut was so similar to a Dinky it was off the wall.

Comment

The body cut is nowhere near a Jackson Dinky. You have a DR3 neck, thats the one of the only Professional series guitars with reverse head and fins. I have one sitting right next to me if you really need a pic to prove it.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Looks similar to an old Fender Heartfield/Talon body, which I believe had something to do with Ibanez.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaWolf View Post
                :think:Picked this up at a pawn shop for 99 bux
                Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                Hope you didnt pay more than $150 for the whole thing...
                Hey - O !

RIF

Also, $99 collector
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yes indeed it does look similar as I was scanning the tons of Ibanez on fleabay. I note all the pickguards on Ibanez go nearly to the end of the treble horn where this on stops half way up it. Noted that none had three controls as this one does either. To the other person responding I don't have a Dinky and for sure you would know more than I would from the scans it looks like a Dinky body design to me but it only has the floyd body cover on the back and nothing else so it isn't one of those. Most newer Ibanez have screws with no neck plate like this one. I love a puzzel

Comment

Floyd body cover? I think all guitars with Floyds have the same route cover. It's a Dinky neck and NOT a Jackson body.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

that is a 1989 ibanez EX series body with an extra knob added. it has a jackson neck (obviously). the EX was ibanez's lowest line guitar in the late 80s. it was replaced with the RX series in the early 90s.

i had an ibanez EX i bought new in 1989 - same pickguard, same color, HSH pickups (they were shit)....end of mystery on the body.
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Just another mutt...no thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X