Have your guitar signed by Wayne Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have your guitar signed by Wayne Charvel

Thought this was too funny to not share.

"Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Ship your properly packaged guitar to Wayne Guitars. When we receive it, master builder Wayne Charvel, will autograph the back of the headstock of your guitar. We will include a photograph of Wayne holding your guitar as well as a signed certificate with your guitars’ serial number indicated. We re-package your guitar, insure it, and return it to you.
    Total for this complete package is only $295.00. A portion of the proceeds is donated to the Northern California Burn Foundation. Customer is responsible for the return shipping costs which will be added after we receive your guitar and confirm return shipping address.
    This is truly a limited time offer – don’t miss this great opportunity!

Holy Fuck Batman!! Ok... I pay to ship my guitar to him along with $295 to have him sign the headstock and have a couple of pics taken with it plus I pay to have it shipped back. A portion of the proceeds goes to the Northern Califonia Burn Foundation($5??). Hmm... pass!
    You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Gotta love when has beens try to sell sigs. LAME!!!
      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

I have yet to see a pro athlete ask for that kind of cash to sign something! I think Wayne has been in the sun too long because he sure is baked!
        You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

He tries to sell it as an investment, to add value to a collectible Charvel and such. Of the very few potential signatures, that could increase value enough to justify $295 + round trip shipping, Wayne is not one of them.

Let's face it, our guitars aren't THAT valuable anyway.

Comment

Customer called me just last night hoping to trade his 88 LTD for a 6 mentioned this very same thing to me. I had never heard WRC was offering this $295 plus expenses service before.

Part of you has to feel for the guy. His surname is plastered all over the net, emblazoned on over 100,000 headstocks, known by millions of guitar players and music industry people, yet...he himself - Charvel the man - is perhaps the most famous name to never earn a dime from it in relation to those who owned the rights to that name. The reality is, the only names as famous who also failed to turn that acclaim into great wealth are .... well .... serial killers.

If just part of you is empathetic to his plight, then the larger portion of your view realizes that the guy made perhaps the biggest mistake ever made in the guitar business. He sold his then very small guitar repair & modification company and eternal use of his surname to Grover Jackson for a reported very short song. A few thousand dollars. Most of you reading this own guitars, which in aggregate, are worth more than Jackson paid Charvel. Think on that a sec.

Sure, Mr. Charvel has since tried multiple guitar ventures, always careful to not infringe on the name which he no longer owns ... his own, but he never had any commercial success of consequence. That has got to be a bitch. But while Charvel had the foresight to clearly see a need for modified "super strats", he still thought too small. Grover, on the other hand, possessed vision. The vision to see this boutique guitar maker could be taken mainstream, made in vast quantities abroad, and mass marketed through the very biggest of national & regional instrument retailers.

While Mr. Jackson has since reaped the rewards of his investment, perhaps million-fold, Mr. Charvel has not. Charvel has had to remain a tradesman working at a bench every day of his life.

Sad story? Be interested to read some of your thoughts.
            Last edited by modelseriesman; 10-07-2011, 11:58 PM.
            Mitch
            AxeDealers/Guitarsehole

Comment

+1 to the above post.
              Still not worth the $295.00 though.

Comment

Idk man, jackson thought the gibson wrc was pretty big infringement lol but yeah, Wayne guitars just doesn't have the same ring to it and im sure he's kicking himself pretty hard. But then again, if he hadn't sold it we wouldn't be blessed with jackson guitars right now would we
                I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

He is doing this to help people by donating for a cause.I applaud him for that.
                  Some may want him to sign their guitars for whatever reason so why not?
                  Can't knock him for doing it and charging.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                    Can't knock him for doing it and charging.
                    Of course you can, $295 + shipping to get your guitar signed by Wayne Charvel is ridiculous whether it's for charity or not.
                    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by SixstringKing View Post
                      Total for this complete package is only $295.00. A portion of the proceeds is donated to the Northern California Burn Foundation.
                      The tax-deductable part

Originally posted by modelseriesman View Post
                      He sold his then very small guitar repair & modification company and eternal use of his surname to Grover Jackson for a reported very short song. A few thousand dollars. Most of you reading this own guitars, which in aggregate, are worth more than Jackson paid Charvel. Think on that a sec.
                      I can ponder for an hour, but apart from Wayne's story, do you have papers concerning the sale that may back him up?
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

He had no vision, nor did he want to go big. So now that Charvel/Jackson is huge, suddenly he's jelly. Such a tear jerker.

Comment

Working...
                        X