Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa. Very nice!!!

Comment

Bad Ass!! I have been wanting a warbird finish.

Comment

OK, just a question here..... first off, I just want to say that paint job is bad ass, and cool as hell. I am not dissing it in ANY way at all. I am just a bit confused by the red and yellow stripes on the back. I am no authority on warbirds, but growing up around general aviation aircraft and going to alot of airshows in my life, I have never seen yellow and red stripes on a warbird. I have seen some yellow and red checker patterns on nose cone spinners. but never like that. is that just a cool thing to put on them? or some special paint job from one? or a trainer? now, I never understood the lynch sub camo graphic until Newc explained the science behind the orange paint under the water how it looks blue because of the way the light spectrum works or something like that. so I might be missing something on the red and yellow. or was that a certain squadron color scheme? I know sometimes they designated squadrons by colors and stuff too. anyone got any clues on this??

I think if I was going to get a warbird graphic done, it would be either silver/grey/blue/white navy WW2 plane camo or a grey/white/tan WW2 snow camo. of course some insignias and rivets/bolts to show the airplane structure and look. and I think I would have to have german insignia on it, and "Luftwaffe" on the back somewhere. the word "luftwaffe" is just too cool. I mean who dont want a guitar that says "luftwaffe" on the back?
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Many of the P51 used this color combination on the prop nose section. It was a visual warning on these old planes. On this guitar, they were spaced and sized according to the fret position. Kind of fret markers if you will.
          Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
          http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

thanks for the explanation on the red & yellow guys!

I am liking this more and more. I think the best way to do it is to buy a nice used one, find a nice used soloist, and send it to be refinished.
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Wow, I actually didn’t see this thread til this weekend. I am the proud owner of this guitar. As you can see Mike Learn did an amazing job with the art work, but that is only part of his work on this guitar. The guitar had some issues from a prior mod and needed some restoration. His work with the repair is just as impressive as the paint.

I’ve been meaning to take photos of the finished guitar with the covers on and post em here, but haven’t had the chance yet. Once I do that, I’ll post a thread about it with what the guitar looked like originally.

Thanks again, Mike!
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

that bad ASS -- i was "Electronic Warfare" in the Navy, and the retired group of guys who organize are called the Association of Old Crows.

I always wanted to either get a Mike Learn USS Forrestal Navy Carrier, with my dad's aviation group and carrier group logos, or one that has all Electronic Warfare graphics -- but it would be expensive -- however well worth it!

Comment

That's a work of art - the attention to detail is just staggering!
                    I've always loved the "warbirds" but I'm still waiting to see one painted like a Spitfire or Hurricane!

Comment

Working...
                    X