Favorite Jackson Soloist Finishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Riddick View Post
    Is blue bengal available as a USA Select finish? I can only see the yellow version on the site.
    No that would have to be a custom shop. Just double checked with the rep.

Comment

This is from a limited run of the sls a while ago that I missed out on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Spalted SLS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	2445678

Comment

I really like Spalted Tops..

That guy on here with the KV CS with spalted top is freakin KILLER! id love to own that one day!

Comment

Bob! The 1-hum in slime lime came out awesome!!!! Reminds me a bit of the Shannon Soloists from a few years back.
          I hate you!

Comment

LOL Hell Yeah Pete. IT really did turn out great.. IM super happy with it.

I have a Old Grover Jackson Soloist that im going to do this to again and paint myself this time and my RR5 project that im finally getting some time to finish. So When i get back from Cali (that story with pics! next week!!) im going to cut the fretboard and start the Fiber optic lines for the LED so the side markers will light up nicely!

Comment

You should do a whole thread on it. Call it 'pimp my fiddle'. I think members would be curious about the whole LED install process for sure!

Oh, and if you get sick of the 1-hum slime lime soloist. Hit me up :-)

Comment

dude that slime soloist 1 hum is so sweeeet!

who did the Re-Fin?

Comment

Dude,
                  if you are asking for a store, I'd say go for basic black, maybe a trans blue, and a GMG.

The rest will have you sitting on inventory for awhile. Leave those for the special orders.

Personally, I like and own an Absinthe Frost. It's killer but an acquired taste.
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Pearl white and Ferrari red are *the* classic Soloist finishes, as far as I'm concerned.

I also love the old bubblegum pink finish, but I wouldn't recommend ordering any of those now.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Dave. I truly love the Quicksilver RR1 w/ EMGs you sold me a few months ago. As far as Soloists go, I'd love to see some snakeskin (copper or grey), Absinthe Frost, White, Agent Orange, and Ferrari Red.

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2004 Jackson SLATQH Custom Shop Soloist 004.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	2445701

Comment

To move product and establish customer base, probably need some basic black, white, red, etc. to go along with whatever else you can afford to hold in your inventory for awhile.

Like someone said, not too many people walk in off the street asking if you have a copper snakeskin SL2H in stock........ although they do look bad ass and would look killer hanging in the store window with a giant "Don't Even Ask to Play This" tag on it.
                            Jackson KV2
                            Jackson KE1T
                            Jackson KE1F
                            Jackson SL1

Comment

Thank you again everyone for your feedback. Unfortunately I am a sucker for the odd finishes as well. Yellow Bengal, Green Ghost Flames, Absinthe Frost, etc. I have read all responses and have ordered several different finishes. I am a Lefty Only store so I am trying to make guitars available to lefties that they normally would have to wait a year for. I know I will probably be sitting on inventory for a while since these are high price items but like I said, I have a weakness for bad ass guitars!!! Thanks again!

Comment

I am 100% not being a wise guy when I say: Black!

Comment

Working...
                                X