Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

... And you thought the new Nebula graphic was pretty...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... And you thought the new Nebula graphic was pretty...

Courtesy of Daneen from www.customairbrush.com, here's the DXMG!

http://udel.edu/~echang/guitars

Picture is called "Deepness Dawn" from www.artofgregmartin.com . I love the picture so much its my computer wallpaper, and I have a decent sized poster of it.

However, theres a funky tuning problem with it that I can't solve (see tech forum). Please help!

Cheers!
    ~eric

Re: ... And you thought the new Nebula graphic was pretty...

Dude that looks awesome. Daneen does some great stuff. I'm prob. gonna send her my guitar soon to put a graphic on it, and she has very good prices too. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Whats an average price to have a graphic like that done?

Comment

i checked a lot of places, and was quoted everywhere from 300-650. Someone even wanted 275 to just print it out with a printer, and glue it on. I'd rather not say how much I paid (out of respect of all the airbrushers as well as Daneen), but I can tell you I was near the bottom of that price spectrum.

ps. Daneen rocks.

~eric

Comment

wow! Not bad at all. Congrats, eric [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by illumina:
            Courtesy of Daneen from www.customairbrush.com, here's the DXMG!

http://udel.edu/~echang/guitars

Picture is called "Deepness Dawn" from www.artofgregmartin.com . I love the picture so much its my computer wallpaper, and I have a decent sized poster of it.

However, theres a funky tuning problem with it that I can't solve (see tech forum). Please help!

Cheers!
            ~eric
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">good re fin man !!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] looks killer ! //Steve

Comment

nice [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

there's only one thing to say about that paintjob... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] ...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

That's beautiful.......... if you look at it too long you start to fall into it. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Dave->
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

That is AWESOME! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Are those the stock HZ pups?
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

ron,

EMG81 , EMG60.

thanks for the lovely comments guys! However, you should direct them to Daneen. She did all the magic.

~eric

Comment

So, does she completely strip, paint, and clear coat, or just paint over the existing finish?

- E.
                        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

hmm.. you know what? I honestly don't know. However, when I got the body back, there wa a fair amount of saw dust in some of the cavities, so Im assuming she stripped the top of the body (or at least stripped the clear coat), and painted on top. The body doesnt feel any heavier (from extra clearcoats, as tiny as they may be), so I think the top was stripped to the wood.

Don't take my word on this though, since I can't confirm any of this.

~eric

Comment

Working...
                          X