Need suggestions asap....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need suggestions asap....

I snagged this one and it arrived today.

I have umpteen projects in progress but want to shoot clear all on the same day so I am going to pull a mad dash at getting this one prepped and painted. She is a rough refin that has uber potential. no breaks or fixes other than one chipped inlay and sound dings and paint work needed. This one wasnt a trans top so I am not going that route for restoration. Honestly had it been a trans top id never have bought it, its too much work to fix them after they have been messed. Anyway

Color Options are:
    Agent orange metallic orange (closest comparison)
    or
    Absinthe Frost (closest comparison)

Also.....Do I split the back and sand the neck raw and oil it or paint it as well.

I love restorations!!!

SO whats the suggestions!

I thought of going Rising Sun but I have other plans for that finish at the moment, and honestly I think a solid color looks better on this arched body.
    Last edited by coloradoman25; 11-25-2011, 04:09 PM.
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

The non trans 750's tend to sound like ass, maybe not worth fixing it all up...
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
      QFT.

The solid ones are basswood with a maple cap, not magogany. Who knows tho, yours my not sound like absolute ass. Mine did.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

thats okay may as well do it anyway lol so back to suggestions...And id have to somewhat imagine that if I threw some blackouts or EMG's into it it would sound like any other active guitar wouldnt it lol?
        Last edited by coloradoman25; 11-25-2011, 05:07 PM.
        Haters gonna hate

Comment

I like the rising sun idea.

Looks nice in white too.

Comment

I dont want to go rising sun on the archtop. im about to just flip a coin lol
            Haters gonna hate

Comment

For what my 2 cents is worth bro I would go the Absinthe Frost route. I dig the colour so I'm pretty biased. It's just a killer colour in all lighting situations.

Comment

and as for the neck................. up until several day's ago I would have suggested a finished neck but with the introduction of my WR1 and it's oiled neck I would have eatn' my words and suggested the oiled neck. It's so nice and quick. I have become a huge fan in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
                  thats okay may as well do it anyway lol so back to suggestions...And id have to somewhat imagine that if I threw some blackouts or EMG's into it it would sound like any other active guitar wouldnt it lol?
                  I wish that were true. I tried stock Jackson, multiple SD's, DiMarzios and at last EMG's. For some reason they all sounded like crap.

But anyway, I think a nice vintage white would look awesome... like the nice cream, yellowed white.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Absinthe Frost, oiled neck, and plenty of pics for fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap aaahhhhhhhhhh
                    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                      Yeah, the blue sparkle 750 I had sounded like shit too. And it wasn't the pickups or wiring... the same pickups in any other Charvel sounded pretty ok, too.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

either way you win. I have a DK2 in october pearl and love that orange. I'm sure the green would kick ass too.

Comment

Technically speaking, the oiled neck would look better against October Pearl, but Absinthe Frost wins overall. Fap fap fap fap fap fap.....
                          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Okay so what I gather is im going green and its gonna end up on the bay because I wont like the way it sounds...Or itll end up there because I cant keep anything and like to build more than play lol.

Either way we are gonna go green on this one.
                            Haters gonna hate

Comment

Do you have another logo to complete the restoration? This is one time where a legitimate logo for a legitimate restore is in order. Can't wait to see this thing finished!!

Comment

Working...
                              X