1st Post Charvel 2B & Many Others Charvel/Jacksons Over The Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Post Charvel 2B & Many Others Charvel/Jacksons Over The Years

I've played the Bass mostly since I was about 14 years old, I'm 45 now..
    I've had several Charvel/Jackson Model Guitars over the years, Sold all of them..
    White Charvette w/ Red/Black splatter, White Charvel Fusion, Black Charvette 100 w Fender style Tremola??, Jackson Stealth EX, Jackson DK2, Charvel 275 deluxe & an slimline Acoustic/Electric w Piezo Charvette 500..
    I also had a Gibson U2 that was a Charvel creation & have always wanted a WRC hence the name I chose for this forum, The U2 had a Steinberger Tremolo & was quite rare, I wish I still had that sweet axe..
    Several years ago I was @ a Pawn Shop & they had a 1986 Pearl White Charvel 2B Marked Down to $70 & I told my wife that sure is a nice bass for the money & walk on out..
    Well Christmas Morning That bass was sitting under the tree & has been my #1 Bass guitar ever since.. Recently my youngest son David found a Kramer "The Duke" Bass on Craig's List & talked the guy down to $70 on the phone & we drove to go pick that one up, It's a great little Bass with an aluminum neck & short scale & mini guitar tuners on the body & a coil tap switch..
    My Son also has a Gibson Blueshawk, Fender Newporter, Hondo Nylon String, Mandolin, Peavey Raptor Plus, and a nice keybourd.. We started him out young & bought him his first guitar when he was three years old = Mini Strat & Mini Les Paul.. He's 20 now.. The Gibson Blueshawk is his #1 guitar & has lots of tone & sounds available, I want to get him a Charvel/Jackson Someday with a Floyd Rose..
    I'm happy to still have my 2B & one day will find a nice Fusion 6 string Guitar to add to my collection at the right price of course.. A lot of folks don't know anything about these great older Japanese Charvels & how good they play & how good a bargain they were/are..
    I see USA made Fusions from time to time for way more than I want to spend but they are what I'm looking for..I'd be real happy with a nice Japanese Charvel/Jackson Fusion in great shape.
    Love that 24 3/4" Scale & the feel of the Classic Superstrat..
    I've had three Gibson Les Pauls, Custom, Classic, & Standard, that cost way more than any of my Charvel/Jackson Superstrats & their actions could not compare to any of the Charvel/Jacksons or even the Charvettes for that matter..
    Here's a photo of my 1986 Charvel 2B & The Kramer Duke Bass..

Welcome to the madhouse! Nice intro and hope you learn as much as I have being here.

Comment

Thankx Private Pyle!! Now put that weapon on the ground at your feet & step back!!!

My 2B has the TM on the headstock & neckplate with no gasket & the serial # puts it made in 1986 even though it has the pickup covers seen on the 1987 models with the Jackson Logos on them..
      Body is made from Poplar not Basswood & has a great tone with the Hybrid Slinky .045"-.105" strings..
      The Pan double pot was gummed up a bit when I got it & I blasted all three pots out with color TV tuner lube & they now work as new = smooth & quiet..
      The 2B Charvel & the Kramer are both without a doubt the best $70 Bass Guitars I've ever come across..
      The Kramer has .045"-.095" short scale Fender strings currently..

Comment

I had one of those... it sounded decent and played alright but it just did not fit me at all. The body was way too big and the strap points made it hang weirdly for me. Luckily, I play both guitar and bass and I've loved my Charvel and Jacksons.

Anyway, welcome to the forum!
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

The Charvel 2B hangs great for me, The huge body & big upper horn help balance the long neck..

The little Kramer is neck heavy when hanging on a strap because the neck is aluminum & the body has no mass plus the hanging point for the strap button is in the middle of the neck plate. Here's a pic I used on the Kramer Forum a while back..

The Charvel gets played the most but the Duke is best for just trowing in the trunk of the car in a gig bag etc, Also under that neck plate there's two allen screws that attach the neck to the body the four screws just cover that junction up..

Comment

Very nice stuff, great scores!

Hope to see you around!

Comment

Working...
            X