Warren DiMartini = endorsee FAIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren DiMartini = endorsee FAIL

Anybody see Warren on That Metal Show? It's great to see him, as I think he's one of the best players they've had on there. At one point they asked him what the secret to getting his great tone is. Now, this is a guy with not only a signature guitar line, but a signature pickup model as well. He sort of shrugged and said something to the effect of "I dunno, humbuckers, tube amps, and practice". Any Fender marketing bigwigs watching must have thrown their remotes at their TV's. Sorry Warren, love your playing buddy, but the correct answer should have been: "Why, the secret is the Charvel Warren Dimartini Signature Snake, Bomber, Skulls, and Crossed Swords of course, which are loaded with the Seymour Duncan Warren DiMartini Signature RTM pickup". In fairness, he did at least bring a few of the Charvels to show off.

Do you have a link to a clip of this? I'm curious???
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

VH1 doesn't post the full episodes of TMS right away.

Comment

well, what he really should have said is, its the paint they put on those guitars. its the pattern the graphics are laid down in that produce the specific sound that Warren gets.
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

To make matters worse, I don't think his amp was mic'ed correctly. It had this weird distorted bassy thing going on. Who's going to want that??

Comment

LOL he told the truth, simple as that.

Comment

Demartini...spelling fail.

Thread fail too. Warren can make any guitar sound good...

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
                LOL he told the truth, simple as that.
                Endorsees are not paid to tell the truth lol.

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                Demartini...spelling fail.
                Argh, you got me.

Comment

Hahaha hilarious!

Comment

The average person watching That Metal Show isn't going to buy a $3200 Demartini Signature Charvel because he says it's the secret to his tone.

Besides, I don't know about you, but there's something a little uncool about going on tv and whoring a product.

Demartini has sold more Charvels over the years just by playing them on camera and not mentioning their name. Why change now?

Comment

when so many say "dimartini" you might as well just write DiMartini...
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                        Endorsees are not paid to tell the truth lol.
                        reminds me of the beverly hillbillies when granny was hired to do the soap commercial.
                        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

It's rock and roll, not NASCAR. LOL! Warren rules!!!
                          \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Well mkay then, while the NASCAR and ESP endorsees are WINNING, you slobs just keep on embracing the FAIL.

Comment

NASCAR rating are down and ESP sucks. Sorry bud.
                              \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                              X