Warren DiMartini = endorsee FAIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. I have always liked Warren's playing, and was excited when I saw he was the guest musician, but was very disappointed by his playing - and his tone was horrible! That was probably the bigger letdown, as his tone (on record) was one of the most appealing aspects of his playing.

It studio magic, skill of the mix engineer.
    2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
    Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
      Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. I have always liked Warren's playing, and was excited when I saw he was the guest musician, but was very disappointed by his playing - and his tone was horrible! That was probably the bigger letdown, as his tone (on record) was one of the most appealing aspects of his playing.
      Originally posted by Animus View Post
      It studio magic, skill of the mix engineer.
      eddie trunk said on his blog that Warren was extremely nervous. He showed up and was getting ready to play riffs and stuff from ratt songs when they informed he could not because they did not have the rights to it.

I think its kind of silly to say warren was made by the egineers. You can watch him in all kinds of different interviews and stuff playing and sounding ridiculously good.
      sigpic

Comment

I was totally stoked by Warren DeMartini's appearance on That Metal Show. As usual, he was classy and showed phenomenal taste. Warren is the cream of the crop and it shows. I had loads of people calling me to talk about his spots and I never heard one negative comment until I jumped in here of course!!

Comment

Awesome tone when I saw him live in 2007
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
          X