Jacksons must be selling really well at GC... Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacksons must be selling really well at GC... Not

So I finally got around to visiting the new Guitar Center in Orange. To my surprise not a single Jackson on the wall. No Charvels either!! Not even used!!! Lots and Epiphone LPs, Mexican strats, PRS SEs, and Ibanez. I go online just to see which GC stocked a DK2 and every one within 100 miles of my zip code didn't have one. What's up with that??
    Last edited by gerryl98; 12-19-2011, 10:02 AM.

GC sucks
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The ones around Austin don't carry Charvel, and it's rare to see any Jacksons there. I just buy strings there.

Comment

Usually see only JS guitars and GC doesn't carry the charvels in any stores.

Comment

Just a thought, but is it possible that a big company like GC can sway the market in favor of certain companies based on inventory?

If so, is it possible brands like ESP and Dean could be forking over coin to get there guitars hung on the walls? Or perhaps even paying GC to NOT stock competitors merch?

Sounds shady, not sure of the legalities, but I wouldn't doubt it myself.
          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

They do carry some USA stuff online and have some cool Jackson custom shops in their platinum collection like that cool scorpion tele I think they used to have.
            Jackson KV2
            Jackson KE1T
            Jackson KE1F
            Jackson SL1

Comment

If anyone is curious about how well received Jackson Guitars is with the younger crowd, just check out their Facebook page, it's pleasantly surprising. Perhaps GC isn't that powerful.
              "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                GC sucks
                Truer words have never been written. I really think the J/C brand and fans are a dying breed.
                "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

GC doesn't always have everything out on the pegs. Check their web site then check their store locator for a given guitar. Odds are if they have it in stock and it's not an ESP, Squire, or PRS, then it's in the back.

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                  Just a thought, but is it possible that a big company like GC can sway the market in favor of certain companies based on inventory?

If so, is it possible brands like ESP and Dean could be forking over coin to get there guitars hung on the walls? Or perhaps even paying GC to NOT stock competitors merch?

Sounds shady, not sure of the legalities, but I wouldn't doubt it myself.
                  LOCAL stores where I live have done that, especially in favor of (pre-Jackson-buyout) Fender and ESP.

and it 's illegal because it's interfering with competition, BUT anti-trust laws are pretty much dead in this country now.

Comment

Frankly, IMO, GC is not a musicians store. Its a store for beginners and/or parents/guardians thereof. They dont carry the higher end Jacksons because thats not what their clientele want. All their primary clientele want are whats popularized by TV and the music biz and whats cheap. A real musician wants a high end Jackson, they buy it online or luck upon it used at GC. Gibson, Fender, and Marshall etc. are what everyones brain washed to believe in the beginning, that you have to have to be a guitar hero. Other brands need not apply until youve been in the game a while and are able to make choices based on your own personal tastes and needs.

So, yes, to real musicians(unless you truly love Gibson/Fender/Marshall on your own accord), GC sucks. To a 14 year old, just starting out player and his parents, GC kicks major ass.
                    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                      Frankly, IMO, GC is not a musicians store. Its a store for beginners and/or parents/guardians thereof. They dont carry the higher end Jacksons because thats not what their clientele want. All their primary clientele want are whats popularized by TV and the music biz and whats cheap. A real musician wants a high end Jackson, they buy it online or luck upon it used at GC. Gibson, Fender, and Marshall etc. are what everyones brain washed to believe in the beginning, that you have to have to be a guitar hero. Other brands need not apply until youve been in the game a while and are able to make choices based on your own personal tastes and needs.

So, yes, to real musicians(unless you truly love Gibson/Fender/Marshall on your own accord), GC sucks. To a 14 year old, just starting out player and his parents, GC kicks major ass.

Almost all guitar stores make more money off the cheap Squires and LTD's than the big stuff because the cheap stuiff sells in volume. There's not much demand outside of arena bands for 100-watt all-tube stacks and there's plenty of demand for a nice LP custom but not many will be able to afford it.

and in GC I've seen plenty of nice expensive Les Pauls, but not much in terms of Jacksons. It doesn't help that Jackson still batch-makes USA guitars in small numbers. If every GC in America distributed all the current USA Jacksons getting ready to ship, they might get 1 - 2 guitars each at the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                        Almost all guitar stores make more money off the cheap Squires and LTD's than the big stuff because the cheap stuiff sells in volume. There's not much demand outside of arena bands for 100-watt all-tube stacks and there's plenty of demand for a nice LP custom but not many will be able to afford it.

and in GC I've seen plenty of nice expensive Les Pauls, but not much in terms of Jacksons. It doesn't help that Jackson still batch-makes USA guitars in small numbers. If every GC in America distributed all the current USA Jacksons getting ready to ship, they might get 1 - 2 guitars each at the most.
                        Like I said, if you like Marshall/Fender/Gibson(and theres nothing wrong with that) GC is as good of a place as any, but the other manufacturers are only stocked in their budget and maybe their midrange gear. You want top end Schecter/Jackson/ESP etc., GCs physical store front is not where you go. Im just making my point to those disappointed that they dont find the "other" manufactures high end gear there. Thats not what GC is about anymore. They should change their name to Newb Center or something of the sort. GC isnt about the musician anymore, theyre about the beginner. That being said, thats fine, everyone starts out there at some point.
                        Last edited by Twitch; 12-19-2011, 10:10 AM.
                        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Yup, it sucks but thats the way it is. I keep hoping to see some of the new X series guitars, or hell even a new Charvel Desolation, but between GC and Sam Ash, theres not one to be found. A few JS series at GC and a few ProMods and Sam Ash, but thats it.
                          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                            Well, since Fender owns Charvel and Jackson you'd figure they have the leverage to get those models out on the floor too. But I understand...if they're not selling they're not selling. Oh, and I've yet to find a GC with 200 miles of me that carries any model of BlackStar amps (new). I'd really like to try one out and would seriously consider buying one if I could spend at least 20 minutes to see if it fits my needs.
                            Last edited by gerryl98; 12-19-2011, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                              Yup, it sucks but thats the way it is. I keep hoping to see some of the new X series guitars, or hell even a new Charvel Desolation, but between GC and Sam Ash, theres not one to be found. A few JS series at GC and a few ProMods and Sam Ash, but thats it.
                              They have them. Check the store locaters on their web site for each model to see for yourself.

But they're in back where casuals and noobs walking off the street cannot impulse-buy one.

Comment

Working...
                              X