Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

major facelift.......large pic alert!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• major facelift.......large pic alert!!!!

My partner and I just finished a facelift on a older teal colored (and pretty beat) Model 2. Now it looks like this...blue/purple chameleon marblized (think eerie-dess) flames.

We aslo refined the headstock and added a gold San Dimas logo just for fun. My intention was to sell it but it came out so cool I'm having a hard time letting go. Whata ya think???? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I have more pics but I didn't want to clog the place w/ 'em.

Re: major facelift.......large pic alert!!!!

DUDE! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

If you ever want to sell that I get first dibs! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Maaaaaaaaaaaan! Awsome! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
      I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

Thanks guys! Word if it goes you have first crack at it. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Here are a couple of more pics...
        http;//onlinerock.com/musicians/supercharged350//guitarrefin2.jpg
        http;//onlinerock.com/musicians/supercharged350//guitarrefin3.jpg

[ August 04, 2003, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: Supercharged 350 ]

Comment

Awesome refin.
          Care to share the how to's?

Comment

That's sweet. Nice work.

Matt

Comment

Nice work Matt. Very cool. I can see why you're having trouble letting go. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              Hail yesterday

Comment

That is beautiful [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Tell me how u got the marble finish like that???!

Comment

Ancient Chinese secret [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] J/K Actually it's not as high tech as you might think. Normally with marblizing you would use a candy color over a base coat of silver or gold and then marblize. Which is literally done with celephane/Saran wrap!!! This was done the same way but w/ a metallic Chameleon paint which doesn't need a special base coat. It's shot right over the black.

I have an old Charvel bass the getting 5 color (red, orange, green, blue, purple) Chameleon flames next. They will look more like the "interference" flames Jackson used to do but w/ more colors. The paint is REALLY expensive I can see why they stopped making those.

Comment

Wow man thats bada$$!! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] very, very cool!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] hey guys, im tring to make sure what model charvel mine is, mine is real close to this one, except mine has a blood splattered paint job and an emg 81. did the model 2 charvels come with the big white charvel logo on the headstock? or only the smaller logo? mine has the big white one, but the shape and one pickup and one volume are basicaly the same. love these things [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    subscribe to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/deathmetal44
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P-TymW-84g
                    www.soundclick.com/gothmetalshredder

Comment

Great lookin axe!!!! The only thing I'd have done diffrently (not that I can do any of that) is the spacing between the truss plate and the charvel logo would have been a little more.....it seems a little too close...

Still beautiful tho! NICE!!!!!
                      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

The Marblizing is awesome. Wow. EXCELLENT work.

I've never dug flames much myself for some reason, although that is a great job on that part too. I'd like it with just the marble...

Nonetheless, WOW! Niiiice piece.

Comment

WOW!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

thats ****ing rad man ! nice ! //Steve

Comment

Thanks again guys. After a good set-up it actually plays and sounds almost as good as it looks!

VoiceX3-I know what you mean about the logo. My partner (not a guitar player) applied the logo w/o the truss cover on and it is a bit off. No biggie. I'm definately not trying to pass it off as a San Dimas. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

M

Comment

Working...
                              X