Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Jackson DK2M more like an extra thin U or extra flat neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Jackson DK2M more like an extra thin U or extra flat neck?

On the ESP site they list the neck profile by name, U shape, Thin U, Extra Thin U, or Extra Flat neck.

Is the neck on the Jackson DK2M more like a flat neck or is it a thin u shaped neck?

I play my DK2M every day and it seems thick to me.

Comment

My DK2M is thin and flat. Reminds me of an SL2H profile but thinner.

Comment

I always thought that Jackson necks were C shaped but with a thin profile. However, the "speed" neck profile on some models is closer to a U shape.

Comment

Jacksons are not C or U. The new charvels are more C fenders are C. Jacksons are a D shape.the DK2m has a perfect neck profile to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
            Jacksons are not C or U. The new charvels are more C fenders are C. Jacksons are a D shape.the DK2m has a perfect neck profile to me.
            Rich is right IMO. It's been a while since I had my DK2M, I was stupid enough to sell it for something else (something I've been kicking myself for ever since) but as I recall, it was very close to my DK2 but thinner. Definitely more of a D shape.
            Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

My DK2 is a D shape, but a thick D.

To the OP, there's a lot of variance to import necks from what I've seen. Better to try first to make sure you know what you are getting.

Comment

so is it more of a flat slim shape or a just an overall slim shape? I know the wizard necks are supposed to be pretty flat. Also is having a flat neck bad for playing with the thumb over? I usually play that way unless im doing stretches.

Comment

Originally posted by groverj3 View Post
                  However, the "speed" neck profile on some models is closer to a U shape.
                  No, it's a flatter D shape.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My DK2 is similar to a model series Charvel...which is why I got it. Thin, flat D shape IMO.

Comment

The first Jackson I bought was a 2003ish DK2. It was a close-out new axe on ebay. It's a great axe but the fat neck and I never got along. I like the neck because of the reddish fretboard looks cool with the purple body.

I have two 80's ESP and the neck profiles on those are different from Jackson necks.

Comment

Working...
                      X