No announcement yet.

New Scott Ian signature model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont like what I just saw in a guitar style. So I am an idiot? I like Scott Ian's playing, he has weathered the storm and much "damn you" hatred and has my respect, and several album purchases. So an opinion is some kind of a mindless blast? Gimme a break.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	jackson_atl1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	2445870
      Click image for larger version

Name:	jackson-atl3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	2445871

Comment

I am disappointed if this is the ATL-guitar Scott Ian is talking about in the rig rundown video.

Comment

I think it's cool one. Does anyone know what is meant with "mid-price"?

Comment

Like it or not, we all have our opinions. Perhaps some of the hard feelings expressed here could have been avoided with 3 lil letters... IMO
            In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
              Like it or not, we all have our opinions. Perhaps some of the hard feelings expressed here could have been avoided with 3 lil letters... IMO
              or the lack of three letters ..A..T and L !!

Comment

The guy will be there shortly to hold a gun to your head and force you to purchase one...
                In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                  Pretty cool guitar.

Though I am wondering if I have been mistaken about the Among the Living cover all these years... The author of the article says that it's some creepy character from Poltergeist, I always thought that was a rendering of Randall Flag from Steven King's The Stand, where Among The Living drew its inspiration.
                  From what I recall, the Poltergeist character and Steven King's Randall Flagg are pretty much supposed to be the same guy.
                  I think the guitar is pretty cool, too!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by laurens View Post
                    Probably "mid $2000's"...
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

That is going to be the all maple guitar, right?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        From what I recall, the Poltergeist character and Steven King's Randall Flagg are pretty much supposed to be the same guy.
                        I think the guitar is pretty cool, too!
                        So I'm right and wrong at the same time? ;-)

I agree. Cool guitar.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                          So I'm right and wrong at the same time? ;-)
                          Yes. I remember reading something about that many years ago. I also just mentioned it to my GF last week as we were watching Poltergeist on TV.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]3348[/ATTACH]

"YOU'RE GONNA DIE IN THERE! ALL OF YOU, YOU ARE GONNA DIIIIIIIIIIE!!"

Love that scene. And Toe, never heard the Randall Flag thing. The character is Reverend Henry Kane, but not drawn exactly. It's his gesture when leaving the Freeling porch "Pleasure visiting with you"

More trivia: Actor Julian Beck, who played Kane, was dying of stomach cancer during filming - Poltergeist 2 was his last film), thus making his appearance even more horrifying.

Originally posted by laurens View Post
                            MIJ I'll bet.
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hmm, always thought it was Randall Flagg, it made more sense to me. Oh well, guess I was wrong.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                                Hey guys, you do realise what a ltd signature run like this is don't you? It's celebrating Scott Ian and his use of jackson. Therefore a scott ian ass scott ian guitar is exactly what it should be. It's not a Brian or Jayster model. It's obviously for a niche market.

I'm getting sick of 'THIS ISNT EXACTLY WHAT I WANT WHICH CHANGES EVERY 5 FUCKING MINUTES ANYWAY SO IT SUCKS' bullshit attitude.

Personally? I like the NOT nod of the atl, super cool. And I like the fact jackson are? releasing this to hopefully put some coin in scotts pocket as thanks.

Really? I thought this was the Brian Model. Hrm... Oh wait... that can't be right. It wouldn't suck as hard as it does if it was .

Has nothing to do with it being "EXACTLY WHAT I WANT" and everything to do with it looking cheap and stupid. If other people dig it, awesome. My opinion shouldn't cause anyone to get their panties in a bunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X