Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Jackson - First V, Love it but what IS it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jackson - First V, Love it but what IS it?

So I just picked up this used Jackson for a CRAZY low price....like...crazy low...like...THE find...I think....I have always played Ibanez....but I really like this guitar....I can seriously shred on this thing...

I’m wondering if someone can tell me what model it is or anything else about it? Someone put EMG’s in it which I actually really like. I’m not sure if that would kill the value and I don’t really care. I love the guitar will never sell it. The serial has a 7 digits. From what I can tell from info on this site it was made in Japan in 98. Which I assume is a good thing..

What is this thing what was it worth brand new? I could provide the serial but a little hesitant posting it. I can answer any questions. I’m sure I’m missing something....and better pics please just ask...

ANY info would be awesome. Thank you so much....
    If I knew the model only... I would be so grateful ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cambridge-20120115-00263.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	2450572
    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

If i'm not mistaken,it is RR3.

Comment

Cool, so I figured it was RR but what does the 3 represent? Third version? or revision? or number 3 out of 3 different RR models?

From what I could see when I first googled it theres many different RR models? Is the high-end, low-end, med-end? I'm thinking middle tear?

I paid 120CDN for this guitar. with EMG's.

Comment

GTWGITS
        sigpic
        Action Jackson

Comment

I'll post more/better pics....

Comment

RR3 is the bolt on Japanese Jackson Rhoads. $120 is a steal, but with EMG's that's a full out robbery.

The chrome hardware ones are older, I think early 2000's?

Comment

Great axe at an awesome price. I'm with Mat about the EMG's. Just be sure to keep a cloth handy to polish the prints off of that nice, shiny chrome plate.
              In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Here's a few more pics....thanks for all feedback so far....I new this was a good deal at the time...hell, even if it was a piece of crap
                it would look sweet hanging on my wall.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cambridge-20120116-00264.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	2445872Click image for larger version

Name:	Cambridge-20120116-00268.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	2445873
                Last edited by dvscool; 01-20-2012, 12:51 PM.

Comment

I'd say you definitely bent the guy over that sold it you, lol. I have one in transparent blue with flamed top, black hardware. Only change I'm considering is a reverse headstock neck, but I'm on the fence about that. Let me know what you think of the pickups after you've had it a while to let the new wear off.
                  In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                    The chrome hardware ones are older, I think early 2000's?
                    I think you're correct.I've seen one like this before with all chrome hardware,they stated it was made in early 2000's.Btw,it was a killer guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by bondofhatred View Post
                      I think you're correct.I've seen one like this before with all chrome hardware,they stated it was made in early 2000's.Btw,it was a killer guitar!
                      All I have is the serial as I said 7 digits, starting with 98XXXXX...according to the info I see here...it was made MIJ in 98....but i have no idea if thats right.....

This is cool to get such great feedback I gota say dudes.....I love this axe....and the price I paid seems to make it extra sweet to play

Comment

Next time you change the strings take the neck off and look in the pocket. There is a stamp with the model and date of mfg. Nice score BTW.
                        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

SWEET....I thought of that but wasn't sure if Jackson labeled their axes like that....I just restrung it but, should be due in a few weeks....good call Scooter!

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
                            I'd say you definitely bent the guy over that sold it you, lol. I have one in transparent blue with flamed top, black hardware. Only change I'm considering is a reverse headstock neck, but I'm on the fence about that. Let me know what you think of the pickups after you've had it a while to let the new wear off.
                            Sure, I'll let you know....its been years since I have played with EMG's.....

Comment

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
                              All I have is the serial as I said 7 digits, starting with 98XXXXX...according to the info I see here...it was made MIJ in 98....but i have no idea if thats right.....
                              Not true. I like to see at least the first 3 #s, but 98xxxxxx is fairly recent, I'll say 2006 or newer. Made in the Japan factory.

GTWGITS = Get The Whole Guitar In The Shot, eh
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X