Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Jackson - First V, Love it but what IS it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll post it tonight....I had to google "GTWGITS".....fail lol
    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Most of the serial.....98478XX....I'm going to take the neck off shortly to get the model. Although, RR3 seems right.......I'd still like to know more about this thing....

Comment

Well, it's more recent than late 2008 I'd say...
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks dude...I don't care what it is anymore... i just know its a killer fuckin axe and is quickly taking the place of my fav Ibanez

Comment

Ha ha ha! I'm so not surprised. I fell in love with mine and it has a permanent home. Like you it was my first V, but definitely not my last. The black and chrome look is amazing. I love my trans. blue with black though. I also really love the neck feel. It's just right on the money for my hands.
            In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
              Ha ha ha! I'm so not surprised. I fell in love with mine and it has a permanent home. Like you it was my first V, but definitely not my last. The black and chrome look is amazing. I love my trans. blue with black though. I also really love the neck feel. It's just right on the money for my hands.
              I typically like a taller fret then what this has, but the neck itself (as you say) just feels SO right that I don’t even think about it….It HAS taken some time to get used to playing a V…..But I’m getting there…

Comment

I took the neck off and confirmed. RR3 – 2005. Anyone know what the “10-1” represents?
                Of course, I can’t really make the 3 out but it sure looks to be a 3 missing the top!

Thanks for all your comments.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cambridge-20120122-00286.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	2445889

Comment

Wow! A new member who didn't argue with the informaion given to him. Been a long time....
                  "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                    Wow! A new member who didn't argue with the informaion given to him. Been a long time....
                    Um...I guess I'm missing something...but no why the hell would I argue?..lol....If I knew the answers I wouldn't ask...lol...

Comment

That sir, is an RR-3 like everyone keeps saying.... I have the same exact one.... I recommend a brass sustain block, brought mine too life!

Comment

Originally posted by TomGunn View Post
                        That sir, is an RR-3 like everyone keeps saying.... I have the same exact one.... I recommend a brass sustain block, brought mine too life!
                        I took the neck off as "scooter" suggested when I asked. I'm not questioning if its an RR3....Plus I wanted to know the year....this was the place to come thats for sure !

Is yours a 2005 as well? Do you have the stock PU's ?
                        Last edited by dvscool; 01-22-2012, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X