help me identify a Jackson Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me identify a Jackson Guitar

Jackson Strat style body reverse headstock, the inlays are wedges with the small point on the wedge at the low e string. 24 frets. 2 duncan designed(thats what it says on pickup) open face humbuckers black, 3 way switch black cone shaped knob on switch. and 2 controls chrome knobs. Jackson tremelo with fine tuners and lock nut at neck bridge chrome. Jackson tuning keys chrome. Trus rod cover kind of triangle shape with top point cut off. The front of the guitar body is a transparent blue looks like striped maple? sides and back gloss black. I think ebony fret board but could be rosewood not sure. Neck plate chrome with Jackson logo and serial number is in a rectangular box. Serial is 9815132

Just picked this up in a pawn shop today Jan 16.

I am going to try some more search now I wanting to know model and year. Thanks for any help someone can give.
    Last edited by Predator; 01-17-2012, 02:09 PM. Reason: mistake typo

Pics would be handy, but here I go.......................

Originally posted by Predator View Post
    the inlays are wedges with the small point on the wedge at the low e string.
    They're called sharkfins

3 way switch black cone shaped knob on switch.
    Nothing unusual

Trus rod cover kind of triangle shape with top point cut off.
    Again, standard stuff

The front of the guitar body is a transparent blue looks like striped maple?
    It's called 'Flame Maple'

serial number is in a rectangular box.

Serial is 9815132
    It's MIJ for sure. Don't know the model, but could be early 2000's due to chrome & pup config.

The DK2 has rosewood board, SD JB in bridge & STK-1's in mid & neck, DK2M has 2 sd hums & a maple board, so it doesn't sound like a DK.

I'm positive RacerX will solve this.................& correct me as well
    Last edited by Force; 01-17-2012, 03:06 AM.

Comment

I'm new to this so I dont undrstand abbreviations for some things MIJ ?

I am new to this and dont understand some of the abbreviations MIJ ? Oh yea I forgot to post that it's a bolt on neck.

Comment

Made In Japan
        In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

I'm guessing DR3.. Sounds like reverse sharkfins too. What does it say on the headstock? Professional, Performer, just Jackson?? http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...2000Page10.jpg
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Jackson Strat style reverse headstock
            ?

You sure you don't mean a Jackson pointy style reverse headstock? A Jackson Strathead would look like a Fender headstock.

Comment

I'm fairly certain he needs a comma.. "Jackson strat style (guitar), reverse headstock, blah blah..
              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

What he really needs is a pic

Comment

[QUOTE=meant to say strat style body, reverse headstock. I called Fender and gave the rep my serial number. He said Dx10D April 1 2008 thanks all

Comment

[QUOTE=Predator;1482955][QUOTE=meant to say strat style body, reverse headstock. I called Fender and gave the rep my serial number. He said Dx10D April 1 2008 thanks all[/QUOTE]

Awesome that they have date records! What # / dude did you call?

(I would have guessed DXMG)
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I dont remember but I got it off the web either the Jackson site or Fender. When their phone system picks up your call they say Fender. I was told by a Fender rep IMC didn't really send much info to Fender.Thgis was when I tried to date a Gharvel Predator Firecrackel finish, no luck, this was a few years back.
                      Last edited by Predator; 01-23-2012, 03:25 AM. Reason: typ error

Comment

Working...
                      X