Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For a bolt-on short scale would you buy a Jackson Fusion or a Charvel Fusion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For a bolt-on short scale would you buy a Jackson Fusion or a Charvel Fusion?

Let's pretend I already have a 750XL so no need to bring that model up.

I'm talking about the fusions that are all bolt-ons have the same'ish floyds, etc.

Some of the charvels have a nice slant neck pickup and some maple board options... aesthetically they are a bit more appealing.

Some of the Jacksons had the topside dot markers (the charvel fusion plus has it - but the body is swamp ash not sure if thats a sound I want).

There really was a lot of variations with small differences but they seem to be fairly inexpensive and in good supply. Would you go Jackson or Charvel?

go with a model that you can a) find and b) has the features that you want, regardless of what it says on the headstock

Comment

Jackson US Fusion. Without a second thought.

Import Fusions, I currently have 3 Jacksons. But if I could find a Charvel Fusion Plus, I'd be all over it. My Jackson Fusion Plus is a great guitar, and a JT590 would only make it better. Not that there's anything wrong with the Takuechi JT580, it's just the Schaller is better.

Doc Dryer had an absolutely MINT trans white Charvel Fusion Plus that was like sex on a stick. :drool:
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Any with the bound ebony fretboard and MOP sharkies would be at the top of my list.

I like the Charvel Fusion Deluxe body. I mated it with a Fusion PRO neck.

Comment

I have a couple of mutt Jackson Fusions. Love them both. find what you want and you'll be happy. 2 hums? Fusion HH came in a mahogany and basswood. The plus had Ash. Pro's and USA had poplar and basswood. I have a basswood pro body. Sounds good for what I do. I have a Pro neck on an HH mahogany body. It rocks. Just have fun.
          An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
          A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

I have a minto Charvel Fusion Deluxe. I dig it because of the maple board and the stock hum/single pickup config and Schaller Floyd. Shred-o-rific

Comment

I have a USA Fusion, but have also played the Charvels. They are all great guitars. If you prefer the look of Ebony, Shark fin inlays, and the graphics, go with the Jackson, but if all that matters to you is sound and playability, go with the Charvel. It will be cheaper and play and sound just as good as the USA. My Fusion has the hum, single, single pup configuration. The middle pickup is situated directly under where I pick and it does interfere with my picking somewhat, but i have gotten used to it over time. This must be because of the short scale, because I do not have this problem with my Fender Strat. You may wish to take this into consideration and, if it is an issue, go with one of the two pup models. If your hands are either larger or smaller than mine, it may not be an issue.

Comment

Yep, right on with that. I dig too deep pickin' when I start going spazz-o so I just can't do the middle pickup. I had a couple Les Paul Customs way,way back. One was a triple hum. The center gold plated pickup cover looked like I was playing with a Sawzall instead of a pick. Really, for a short scale git, I have some great fun with that Charvel Fusion Deluxe. Just a really fun, well made git that won't break the bank.Also one of the nicest feeling all maple necks I have owned.

Comment

Got a Charvel fusion plus and a Jackson Fusion XL (both MiJ)
                  Both are great players with a neck that rivals my Ibz RG Wizard neck (if I ever were to get a CS it would have the fusion's neckprofile)
                  the Ash Charvel (IMO) has a better tone than the Basswood Jackson (even after dropping a DiM SD in the Jackson)
                  The only thing I'm constantly fighting with is the volumeknobs' position

The only bad luck I had with them, is that I had to replace both trems because of stripped baseplate holes, but I became the owner when they were 10+ yrs old
                  and I guess those soft Schallers have their limits
                  "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I found that getting the longer baseplate screws was the fix. They need to bite further into the plate. Or just drop a OFR. That works to. Jackson actually just gave me new JT590 trems when it first happened.
                    I was hopeing the new desolation Charvels would have some 24 3/4 scale offerings. With a Floyd especially. But no dice.
                    So I will continue to buy used Fusions and maybe a Mark Morton.
                    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                    A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Hows about one of those early Pro Warriors? Too brutal?

Comment

Working...
                      X