Help identifying jackson guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying jackson guitar

Hello everyone I want to buy a jackson guitar at a local pawn shop but I cannot identify the model number. The serial number on the neck plate is 9795480, it also has real Seymour Duncan Pickups (not the Seymour Duncan Designs). If it helps I think the paint is a special design too, I dont think its a custom paint job but it is mostly bule with black lines and such through out the body. The inlays are sharkfin and black in color. Thankyou for the help.

John Dullebawn

Sounds like a trans blue DK2M? (EDIT : Maybe Erie Dess Swirl? Hard to tell by your description...) If you can get a picture of the whole guitar front and back we should be able to nail the model down for you. The serial is good, it will help us determine year and place of munufacture but not the model unfortunately.

EDS DK2T... (DK2M would have maple fingerboard instead of rosewood, but otherwise similar)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DK2EDS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	2445938
    This is a Trans Blue DK2M...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	p1_u0exlhv41_so.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	2445939
    Last edited by Hellbat; 02-08-2012, 06:40 PM.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      Sounds like a trans blue DK2M? If you can get a picture of the whole guitar front and back we should be able to nail the model down for you. The serial is good, it will help us determine year and place of munufacture but not the model unfortunately.
      1997 MIJ right ???

Comment

Originally posted by sixxxer View Post
        1997 MIJ right ???
        nope. If the pickups are original, it has to be at least 2006. Looking at RacerX's import serial number thread, low 98xxxxx serials are placing around '06/07. So this high 97xxxxx might an '06.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          nope. If the pickups are original, it has to be at least 2006. Looking at RacerX's import serial number thread, low 98xxxxx serials are placing around '06/07. So this high 97xxxxx might an '06.
          I will in no way argue with any of you on this subject , I guess i got it wrong .........sorry ppl

Comment

Think of it as a car. The title may show it as a '97 model yet the VIN decodes to having been built in '96.
            In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
              Think of it as a car. The title may show it as a '97 model yet the VIN decodes to having been built in '96.
              Unless it was an Irish import, in which case it could have been built in 1986....
              You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

I'm an Irish import built in 1986
                "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

I started playing in 1986......
                  "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Working...
                  X