Jackson PS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson PS2

Hello all I'm new here. I just ordered my 3rd Jackson guitar. A Jackson Preformer Dinky PS-2 and I'm really excited! I also own the JS30 King V and my most prized guitar a Jackson DR-7.
    I'm curious to know what to expect with the PS-2 if it were in mint conditon. From the 1 photo i saw on guitar center's website it looks clean but the back is a mystery to me. With the Jackson I bought a Dimarzio Super 3 in black,a Guitar Heads Mini Rail Humbucker in black/black, and a dimarzio cliplock strap in neon yellow. I'll post photos when I get everything and wire in the pickups.

Also I wanna say hi to everybody! So... Hi!
    Last edited by unclesprinter; 02-13-2012, 08:48 PM.

hi
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by unclesprinter View Post
      Hello all I'm new here. I just ordered my 3rd Jackson guitar. A Jackson Preformer Dinky PS-2 and I'm really excited! I also own the JS30 King V and my most prized guitar a Jackson DR-7.
      I'm curious to know what to expect with the PS-2 if it were in mint conditon. From the 1 photo i saw on guitar center's website it looks clean but the back is a mystery to me. With the Jackson I bought a Dimarzio Super 3 in black,a Guitar Heads Mini Rail Humbucker in black/black, and a dimarzio cliplock strap in neon yellow. I'll post photos when I get everything and wire in the pickups.

Also I wanna say hi to everybody! So... Hi!
      A Performer is a step down from the Professional line. I'm not too familiar with them, but I think if your dots at the twelf fret are close together it's a MIJ (good), if not, bad.

Tell me more about Guitar Heads Mini Rail Humbucker in black/black. I'm in need of a hot rails single coil for a Model 5FX. Something that will balance good with a J-90C.

I like the Super 3. Have it in a couple of HM Strats.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        A Performer is a step down from the Professional line. I'm not too familiar with them, but I think if your dots at the twelf fret are close together it's a MIJ (good), if not, bad.

Tell me more about Guitar Heads Mini Rail Humbucker in black/black. I'm in need of a hot rails single coil for a Model 5FX. Something that will balance good with a J-90C.

I like the Super 3. Have it in a couple of HM Strats.
        I think mine's made in Korea, but thank you for that tip on the fret dots that'll be helpful with future guitars I buy. The Guitar Head's website has a soundclip for all of their pickups, the playing for the rail was... poor but I did like the sound. Here's the actual photo of it that Guitar Center posted

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/jacksonpreformer.jpg/]

Comment

Ive got a blue one. Its a good solid player. The trem may not be the best but if youre not a heavy trem guy it should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
            Ive got a blue one. Its a good solid player. The trem may not be the best but if youre not a heavy trem guy it should be fine.
            A good playing guitar is All I really hope for. As for the trem, sense it's my first locking system I'm sure i'll goof off with it for a little bit. But then I'll block it off because I'm really not a fan of tremolos.

P.S. I'm a little angry I found a MIJ Kelly Preformer for 20 dollars more than I spent on this one. But I'm still happy I got this one, Super strats is where it's at

Comment

You can tell where it was made by the control cavity also. If it's san dimas shaped it was MIJ if it's wierd shaped it's korea. Mine was MIK and i like the neck better than the MIJ. It was a little thicker and isn't cramp inducing thin. Grats on the new fiddle
              It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
                You can tell where it was made by the control cavity also. If it's san dimas shaped it was MIJ if it's wierd shaped it's korea. Mine was MIK and i like the neck better than the MIJ. It was a little thicker and isn't cramp inducing thin. Grats on the new fiddle

Thanks! I'm hoping it comes tomorrow. I got in my guitar heads pickup today and it's real solid. Only problem is they sent me a bridge pickup instead of a neck like I ordered. I may return it but if i decide not to be bothered I'll just throw it in the neck anyways. Does anybody advise against that?

Comment

It'll be a bit hotter than the bridge and middle so you may want to shoot them a message about it. I have had no experience with guitar head so let us know how it turned out.
                  It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
                  X