Need some pickup assistance...wtf fits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some pickup assistance...wtf fits

so i have an older Jackson body with the non-tongued single coil cavities....wtf fits in these other than the original jackson pickups without modding the body. This is a trans to pro body that i would like to not damage.
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

If you can find an older Duncan hotrails or cool rails, those will fit in there. I have installed each of them before on a Jackson with the skinny pickup holes. you might find luck with a Duncan lil 59 too.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

EMG's fit too.

Comment

I believe Duncan & Dimarzio also offer tabless versions of their single coils upon request
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I had an old Dimarzio fender clone in the neck position of a M4 once. I don't believe I had any cutting to do, it fit right in.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            I believe Duncan & Dimarzio also offer tabless versions of their single coils upon request
            and Bare Knuckle definitely do
            I like EL34s.

Comment

RIght, as mentioned above, Dimarzio, Duncan, and most pickup manufacturers will sell you their single coils without the "lip." Or, if you are good with soldering, you can remove the lip from most pickups and run the wiring through the bottom.
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
              X