Hi, I am new here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the great welcome, everyone!

My DKMGFF has to go to the shop I was changing gauges on the Floyd Rose and one of the little wooden action inserts came loose. I've heard that this happens. It's a 98 Japanese model, so I guess something had to go at some point. But in all fairness, I thin trying to put 13-65's in standard C was a bit ambitious.

Just hope it comes back quickly! Burning to play it!
    Jackson Kelly Ke3 MIJ black
    Jackson DK2 Black with Flame Frets
    Jackson JS32 8-Q (currently upgrading to SD Blackout pickups)

Comment

Welcome, and sorry for your luck.

I was able to fit 11-70 on my RR3 in C# standard. Though the 70 didn't clamp down in the saddle too well. I can also almost guarantee that it's the biggest string that will EVER fit through Jackson tuners, it took quite a bit of muscle.
      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Saw View Post
        My DKMGFF has to go
        It's a 98 Japanese model,
        Er, these are newer than 1998 - your serial # is probably 98xxxxx making you think that, however Japanese serials starting from 1996 were roughly sequential starting with 960xxxx, so your axe was made more recently than approx 2008.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
          Welcome, and sorry for your luck.

I was able to fit 11-70 on my RR3 in C# standard. Though the 70 didn't clamp down in the saddle too well. I can also almost guarantee that it's the biggest string that will EVER fit through Jackson tuners, it took quite a bit of muscle.
          Yeah, I can imagine! the 65 wasn't easy I've decided to go for a more sensible gauge now though 12 - 56!

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          Er, these are newer than 1998 - your serial # is probably 98xxxxx making you think that, however Japanese serials starting from 1996 were roughly sequential starting with 960xxxx, so your axe was made more recently than approx 2008.
          Aha, I read the serials FAQ and figured this was the year, thanks for the extra info

Comment

So, you're gonna share your Jacksons with us ehhh.... when's my turn?
            Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Welcome those Yamaha 121's are killer.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                Welcome those Yamaha 121's are killer.
                Yeah, was my first guitar and I still love it!

trying to decide whether or not to leave it stock or upgrade the hardware though..

Comment

Working...
                X